Process Linked with Plate Mill and Development of Data Acquisition System to Display Process Parameter
- 1E and TC Department, BIT, Durg, India
- 2E and TC Department, BIT, Durg, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (4), Pages 30-35, April,26 (2016)
In plate mill process parameters are required to keep under observation for proper operation of industrial plant and all the parameters like temperature, gas and pressure should be within the limit and it should not go beyond the limit which would become hazardous for those who are working in the plant. So for this we need to develop a data acquisition system to properly observe all the process system of one plant. It will be very useful in compilation of data and training purpose of staffs. The system going to be designed consists of potentiometer, analog to digital converter, microcontroller and computer. All parts of the system perform the task in a combined way. The potentiometer converts the electrical input as output voltage, and hence the analog to digital convert the output voltage signal in digital or discrete form so that it can be given as input to microcontroller and hence the data are manipulated based on the program burned in it. In this way we can implement a simple instrument of low cost, which also can perform the work as in plant. This can be easily achieved with simulation software. We can keep our parameters controlled through this system and it will be more beneficial in safety and efficient in manufacturing point of view. So for this project I would develop a DAS (Data Acquisition System) using microcontroller with serial bus communication for collecting and monitoring data on central process computer.
- ACIDA (2014)., Report on Torque Measurements and Process Analyses at the Heavy Plate Mill of Rolled Products, Inc. USA.
- Antonmio Augusto Gormi (1997)., Application of Neural Network in rolling of plate mill., JOM-e.
- Atiqur Rahman Chowdury, Mohammed Mynuddin and Mohammad Alamgir Hossain (2014)., Process Control Using Microcontroller., IJMES, 2.
- A. Wolf H., Krambeer M., Jelali T., Seising U. Muller and W. Agerer (2002)., Multivariable command and control of thickness profile, chamber and flatness by topometrical measurements published., undefined
- Gopil Singh, Kanak Chandra Sarma and Nungleppam Monoranjan Singh (2012)., Design and Development of Low Cost Multi-Channel USB Data Acquisition System for the Measurement of Physical Parameters, published.
- P.S. Chauhan (2013)., A Case Study of the Effectiveness of Rolling Process to Manufacture the Strip of Leaf Spring., IJMMM, 1.
- S. Rajesh Kumar, (2013)., Industrial temperature monitoring and control system through ethernetlan., IJECS, 2.
- M.A. Mazidi (2013)., The microcontroller and embedded system 8051., Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering National Cheng Kung University, TAIWAN, second edirion.
- Antonmio Augusto Gormi (1997)., http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/9704/Gorni/Gorni-9704.html., undefined