Effect of different levels of NPK fertilizer on the growth and yield of Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa L) in Yola Adamawa State of Nigeria
- 1Dept. of Crop Science, School of Agri. and Agricultural Technology, Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola – Adamawa State Nigeria
- 2Dept. of Soil Science, School of Agri. and Agricultural Technology, Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola – Adamawa State Nigeria
- 3Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Physical Sciences, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
- 4Department of Chemistry, School of Physical Sciences, Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria
- 5Dept. of Fisheries, School of Agriculture and Agricultural Tech., Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola–Adamawa State Nigeria
- 6Dept. of Crop Science, School of Agri. and Agricultural Technology, Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola – Adamawa State Nigeria
- 7Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, School of Physical Sciences, University of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (11), Pages 37-41, November,22 (2018)
The research was conducted to study the effect of different levels of NPK 15:15:15 fertilizer on growth and yield of Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa L) at the Teaching and Research Farm of the Department of Crop Production and Horticulture, Modibbo Adama University of Technology Yola, Adamawa State, during the annual rainy season from May–June 2015, with six different levels of NPK fertilizer (0, 50, 100, 150, 200, and 250kg/ha). The treatment was laid in Randomized Complete Block Design (RCBD). Results obtained from this research showed that application of 200 and 250kg/ha has a significant impact as seen in the number of leaves and branches per plant as well as plant height, leaf length and fresh weight of Roselle compared to 0, 50, 100, and 150kg/ha.
- Babajide Okosun L.A., Magaji M.D. and Yakubu A.L. (2006)., Effect of Nitrogen and phosphorus on growth and yield of Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.) in a semi-arid agro ecology of Nigeria., Journal of plant sci., 1, 154-160.
- Abo-bakar A. and Mustapha M. (2011)., Effects of bio and chemical fertilizer on growth, sepal yield and chemical composition of Roselle New retained soil of the south valley area., Asian journal of crop sci.
- Fasoyi S.B. and Ashaye O.A. (2005)., Chemical and Storability of fruit-flavoral (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.) drink., World journal of agricultural sci., l, 165-168.
- Rehm S. and Espig G. (1994)., The cultivated plants ofthe tropics and sub-tropics., Josel margrave scientific books Verlag.
- Medlinger S.J. and Chweye A.B. (1992)., Collection, evaluation and breeding of African edible vegetable., BGUN-ARI-25-92. Ann report on AID-CDR Programme.
- Ojokoh A.O. (2002)., Roselle Calyx Diet and its pathological changes in liver of Albino Rats Pakistan., Journal of nutrition New York, 1995, 5(2), 110-113.
- Abbas M.K. and Ali A.S. (2011)., Effect of foliar application of NPK on some growth characters of two cultivars of Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.)., American Journal of Plant Physiology, 6(4), 220-227.
- Okusim I.A., Magaji M.D. and Yakubu A.1. (2010)., Effects of nitrogen and phosphorus on growth and yield of Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa) in a semi-arid agro-ecology of Nigeria., Journal of plant sci., 12154-160.
- Babatunde F.E. (2001)., Response of red variant Roselle (Hibiscus sabdarwa) to some agronomy practices., Unpublished Ph.D. thesis presented to the post graduate school, Abubakar TafawaBalewa university Bauchi, Nigeria, l16.
- Wong P.K., Yusof S., Ghazali H.M. and Che Man Y.B. (2002)., Physico-chemical characteristics of roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.)., Nutrition & Food Science, 32(2), 68-73.
- Enwezor W.O. and Udo E.J. (l989)., Fertility states and productivity of acid sands of south eastern Nigeria., Monograph no. 1 Soil society of Nigeria, 56-73.
- Thiraporn R., Feil B. and Stamp P. (1992)., Effects of Nitrogen fertilizer on grain yield and accumulation of nitrogen and potassium in the grains of tropical Maize., Journal of agronomy and crop sci., 169, 9-16.
- Muray U., Jeff B. and Mathew F. (2010)., Variability in harvest index of grain crops and potential significance for carbon accounting., Advances in agronomy, 105, 173-219.
- Bake I.D., Saidu S.M. and Futuless K.N. (2011)., Performance of different level of nitrogen fertilizer on growth and yield of Roselle (Hibiscus Sabdarwa L.) In Yola Adamawa state Nigeria., Journals of Agricultural Science, 1(l), 105-108.
- Olufokunbi B. (1985)., Farm Management and Profit Orientation Management in Nigeria., J. Nigeria Inst Manag., 21, 7-9.
- Sanoussi A. and Yaboubou B. (2010)., Roselle yield and yield component in response to nitrogen fertilizer in Nigeria., Ibadan Journal of Agricultural research, 44(2), 96-103.