Photocatalytic degradation of environmentally hazardous textile dye azure B in the presence of solar light using Nano BiOCl
- 1Govt. J.N.S. P.G. College, Shujalpur-465331, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Govt. Madhav Science P.G. College, Vikram University, Ujjain-456010, India
- 3Department of Chemistry, Govt. Madhav Science P.G. College, Vikram University, Ujjain-456010, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 37-40, January,22 (2018)
This paper studies the environmental application of AOPs in treating dye wastewater. The azure B dye has been chosen as a pollutant. Photocatalytic degradation of azure B by nanoBiOCl was studied under solar light. BiOCl was prepared by a simple method and characterized by by XRD and SEM. XRD pattern suggested that the synthesized nano BiOCl was highly pure and crystalline, SEM images depicted the platelike morphology of nanoBiOCl. The average particle size of nanoBiOCl was obtained as 45 nm. The photocatalytic studies have revealed that optimum pH was 8, initial dye concentration was 4.0 ×10-5mol L-1, catalyst loading was 30 mg/100 ml of dye solution. The optimum concentrations of electron scavengers and salts have also been obtained.
- Lazar M.A., Varghese S. and Nair S.S. (2012)., Photocatalytic Water Treatment by Titanium Dioxide: Recent Updates., Catalysts, 2(4), 572-601.
- Reza K.M., Kurny A.S.W. and Gulshan F. (2017)., Parameters affecting the photocatalytic degradation of dyes using TiO2: a review., Applied Water Science, 7(4), 1569-1578.
- Pitchaimuthu S., Rajalakshmi S., Kannan N. and Velusamy P. (2015)., Enhancement of zinc oxide-mediated solar light decoloration of Acid Yellow 99 dye by addition of β-CD., Applied Water Science, 5(2), 201-208.
- Malato S., Blanco J., Vidal A., Alarcón D., Maldonado M.I., Cáceres J. and Gernjak W. (2003)., Applied studies in solar photocatalytic detoxification: an overview., Solar Energy, 75(4), 329-336.
- Maldonado M.I, Aceres J.C. and Gernjak W. (2003)., Applied studies in solar photocatalytic detoxification: an overview., Solar Energy, 75, 329-336.
- Gamage J. and Zhang Z. (2010)., Applications of Photocatalytic Disinfection., International Journal of Photoenergy, 2010, Article ID 764870, 11.
- Chen L., Yin S.F., Huang R., Zhou Y., Luo S.L. and Au C.T. (2012)., Facile synthesis of BiOClnano-flowers of narrow band gap and their visible-light-induced photocatalytic property., Catalysis Communications, 23, 54-57.
- Kalishwaralal K., Deepak V., Ramkumarpandian S., Nellaiah H. and Sangiliyandi G. (2008)., Extracellular biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles by the culture supernatant of Bacillus licheniformis., Materials letters, 62(29), 4411-4413.
- SanthiK., Manikandan P., Rani C. and Karuppuchamy S. (2015)., Synthesis of nanocrystalline titanium dioxide for photodegradation treatment of remazol brown dye., Appl Nanosci, 5(3), 373-378.
- Vijay A., Nihalani S., Yadav I. and Bhardwaj S. (2013)., Heterogeneous Photocatalytic Degradation of Azure B: Measurement of Kinetic Parameters and Effluent Treatment using Solar Energy., Res. J. Environ. Sci, 3(11), 60-65.
- Wang Q., Hui J., Huang Y., Ding Y., Cai Y., Yin S., Li Z. and Su B. (2014)., X The preparation of BiOClphotocatalyst and its performance of photodegradation on dyes., Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, 17, 87-93,
- Giwa A., Nkeonye P.O., Bello K.A. and Kolawole K.A. (2012)., Photocatalytic decolourization and degradation of CI Basic Blue 41 using TiO2 nanoparticles., Journal of Environmental Protection, 3(09), 1063.
- Pare B., Swami D., More P., Qureshi T. and Thapak T.R. (2011)., Mineralization of Methyene Violet Dye Using Titanium dioxide in Presence of Visible Light., Int. J. Chem. Sci., 9(4), 1685-1697.
- Pare B., Piplode S. and Joshi V. (2017)., Solar Light Assisted Photocatalytic Degradation of Hazardous and Highly EWater Soluble Pesticide Methomyl Using Flower like Nano BiOCl., International Journal of Scientific Research in Physics and Applied Sciences, 5(5), 5-11.