Determination of arsenic contamination in ground water of Gorakhpur District by using hydride generation atomic absorption spectrophotometer
- 1Department of Botany, Deen Dayal Upadhayay Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, UP, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 6, Issue (9), Pages 38-40, September,22 (2017)
Present study has been carried out for the determination of Arsenic content in Gorakhpur district. Arsenic content was analyzed by using HG-AAS. The physico-chemical parameters of Gorakhpur district was also analyzed for the detection of ground water quality. For this study Ground water samples are collected from twenty sampling areas of Gorakhpur district. The samples were prepared for analysis with the help of HG-AAS. HG-AAS is very simple and unique technique for the detection of metal analysis in water, urine, and plant samples. Arsenic content is very toxic for human being. The water quality parameters like Nitrate, Fluoride, Iron, Chloride, Total hardness ph, EC, TDS, Alkinity and Turbidity. The result shows that most of the analyzed parameters from sampling sites are more or less within the limit of WHO.
- Goel P.K. (2006)., Water Pollution–Causes, Effects and Control., New age Int. (P) Ltd., New Delhi.
- Kavitha R. and Elangovan K. (2010)., Review article on Ground water quality characteristics at Erode district., (India) of I.J.E.S., 1(2).
- Srivastava S. and Sharma Y.K. (2013)., Arsenic occurrence and accumulation in soil and water of eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh, India., Environ Monit Assess, 185(6), 4995-5002.
- Chakraborti D., Sengupta M.K., Rahman M.M., Ahamed S., Chowdhury U.K. and Hossain M.A. (2004)., Groundwater arsenic contamination and its health effects in the Ganga–Meghna–Brahmaputra Plain., J Environ Monit.
- Slavin W. (1995)., Hydride generation atomic absorption spectrometry: by J. Dedina and DL Tsalev, Wiley, Chichester (UK), 526. ISBN 0 471 95364 4., Spectrochimica Acta Part B: Atomic Spectroscopy, 51(5), 549.
- Chaurasia N., Pandey S.K. and Mohan D. (2013)., Determination of Arsenic content in the Water and Blood samples of Ballia region using Hydride Generation Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer., Research Journal of Forensic Sciences, 1(4), 2321-1792., undefined
- Waller Roger M. (1982)., Ground Water and the Rural Homeowner’, Pamphlet., U.S. Geological Survey.
- Handa B.K. (1975)., Geochemistry and genesis of fluoride containing ground water in India., Ground Water, 13(3), 275-281.
- Ramteke D.S. and Moghe C.A. (1988)., Manual on water and wastewater analysis, National Environment Engineering Research Institute., Nagpur, India.
- Muthukumaravel K. (2010)., Evaluation of Ground Water Quality in Perambalur., Indian Journal of Environmental Sciences, 14(1), 47-49.
- APHA (2012)., Standard APHA Methods for the examination of Water., 22ND Edition.