Vertical forests: real-time solution for the upcoming rise of air-pollution in India
- 1Computer Science and Engineering Department, Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2Computer Science and Engineering Department, Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 6, Issue (12), Pages 27-30, December,22 (2017)
Cutting of trees leads to the accumulation of greenhouse gases which poses an increasing threat that leads to an unfavorable climatic patterns. Due to smog and heat, metropolitan cities experiences bad weather condition leading to massive deaths which are more common in the past decade. Industries, vehicular emissions and other means poses a prominent cause that makes worse in the concentration of high toxic molecules in the air from multiple sources. Accumulation of Nitrous oxides, silicon gases increases the photochemical smog accumulating in the air which stimulates global warming by preventing the oxygen supply and fresh air. This inhibits the free flowing of oxygen supply which leads to various health issues and chronic infectory syndromes. To mitigate the rising effects of air pollution, a real-time solution called Vertical Forest has been proposed. The establishment of vertical forests produces its own local atmospheric zone by absorbing CO2 and dust particles thus providing oxygen supply and humidity thereby facilitating the sustainable growth and development of the ecosystem. Vertical forest when integrated along with Internet of Things (IoT) favors efficient and a high synergy which contributes the sustainability in an effective way.
- Omid Mazdiyasni., Amir Aghakouchak., Steven J Davis., Shahrbanou Madadgar., Ali Mehran., Elisha Ragno., Mojtaba Sadegh., Ashmita Sengupta., Subimal Ghosh., C.T.Dhanya and Mohsen Niknejad (2017)., Increasing probability of mortality during Indian heat waves., Science Advances, 3(6), 1-5. DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.1700066.
- Mazdiyasni O. and AghaKouchak A. (2015)., Substantial increase in concurrent droughts and heatwaves in the United States., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 112(37), 11484-11489. DOI:10.1073/pnas. 1422945112
- Dholakia Hem H.., Mishra Vimal, and Garg Amit (2015)., Predicted Increases in Heat related Mortality under Climate Change in Urban India., Research Publications. Indian Institute of Management- Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department. 1-50. https://www.researchgate.net /publication/278849996
- Kumar P., Wiltshire A., Mathison C., Asharaf S., Ahrens B., Lucas-Picher P. and Jacob D. (2013)., Downscaled climate change projections with uncertainty assessment over India using a high resolution multi-model approach., Science of The Total Environment, 468, S18-S30.. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2013.01.051
- Hansen J., Sato M. and Ruedy R. (2012)., Perception of climate change., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 109(37), E2415-E2423. DOI:10.1073/pnas. 1205276109.
- Basu R. (2009)., High ambient temperature and mortality: A review of epidemiologic studies from 2001 to 2008., Environmental Health, 8(40), 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1186/ 1476-069X-8-40
- Heat Wave Deaths, https://www.thenewsminute.com/ article/more-200-dead-heat-wave-telugu-states-2017-death-toll-4200-last-4-years-62342, 20 May 2017., undefined, undefined
- Heat Wave Deaths, https://www.ndtv.com/south/ heatwaves -claim-4620-lives-in-4-years-90-deaths-in-andhra-pradesh-and-telangana-1684963, 23 Apr 2017., undefined, undefined
- Giacomello E. and Valagussa M. (2015)., Vertical Greenery: Evaluating the High-Rise Vegetation of the Bosco Verticale., Milan Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat: Chicago. Library of Congress, 1-95. ISBN: 978-0-939493-42-5
- Vertical Forest (2013)., Shanghai 2117 Imagines Vertical Forest Architecture for Future Mars Colonization, Stefano., Boeri, Vertical Forests: Putting Trees on Skyscrapers, http://www.archdaily.com/tag/vertical-forests, 25 June, 2013.
- Stefano Boeri, In Progress: Bosco Verticale / Boeri Studio http://www.archdaily.com/777498/bosco-verticale-stefano-boeri-architetti, 28 Dec 2011., undefined, undefined
- Bengaluru gets India, undefined, undefined