Assessment of present water quality of Sirpur Lake at Indore, MP, India - a review
- 1Department of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics SGSITS, Indore, MP, India
- 2Department of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics SGSITS, Indore, MP, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 6, Issue (12), Pages 23-26, December,22 (2017)
Water is said to be one of the most important and useful natural resource present in the universe. As we all know that water is necessary for the existence of life on the earth for each and every living organism. Water should be safe, potable and free from any type of contamination before making the use of it. Water should be used for drinking, domestic, industrial and irrigation purposes etc. Therefore water quality should be checked before consumption for any purpose mentioned above. There are different guidelines available to check the water quality for different purposes and if found more or less than the prescribed limit an action should be taken to make it potable and safe. There are various national and international agencies which describes the quality of water in terms of water quality parameter. Water Quality Index generally describes the quality of water for each and every parameter and thus it also helpful in making the policies related to the safety of water. Water Quality Index therefore provides sufficient and meaningful information about water quality to general public and policy maker. Present work deals with the water quality of Sipur Lake at Indore district. The results obtain were then compared with relevant Standards. The results would be helpful in getting information about the lake water and necessary steps regarding the safety of water for future use in drinking domestic, industrial and irrigation purposes. These results would directly helpful in improving the quality of lake water and thus also helpful for the aquatic life present in the lake water and we also come to know that water of lake would be useful for any other purposes or not.
- Nighojkar A. and Chaurasia S. (2017)., Water Quality Assessment in Govindgarh Lake of Rewa District (M.P.) – A Review., International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, 6(5), 734-735.
- Nighojkar A. and Dohare D. (2014)., Physico-Chemical Parameters for Testing of Present Water Quality of Khan River at Indore, India., Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., 3(4), 74-81.
- Verma S. (1998)., Physico-chemical analysis of ground water source and computation of water qualtity index., M. Tech, Thesis, Shri. G. S. Institute of Technology and Sciences, Indore, MP, India.
- Pathak V., Singh S. and Singh K.K. (2015)., Estimation of physico chemical parameter of water in and around Sangam in Allahabad., Indian Journal of Environment Protection, 35(2), 100-109.
- Anand S. and Somasundaram S.S.N. (2015)., Physico chemical and bacteriological analysis of Vaigai river water., Indian Journal of Environment Protection, 35(2), 144-150.
- Nighojkar A., Dohare D. and Kotiya A. (2014)., Analysis of Physico-Chemical water pollution indicators by Statistical evaluation & Water Quality Index of Khan River at Indore, India., International journal of sciences, engineering & technology research, 3(8), 2148-2153.
- Pranab S. and Mishra A. (2011)., Physico chemical characteristics of ground and surface water in Gohpur Sub-Division of Sonitpur district, Assam., Journal of Environment Science & Engineering, 53(1), 89-96.
- Laishram S. (2014)., Study of ground water quality of some areas of Imphal West district, Manipur-A physico chemical approach., Indian Journal of Environment Protection, 34(1), 74-80.
- Bindhu S. and Selvamohan T. (2009)., Assessment of ground water quality Dharmapuram Panchayat Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu., Indian Journal of Environment Protection, 29(5), 439-444.
- Tiwari A. and Awasthi U. (2016)., Study of physical parameters in Bichhiya river and Govindgarh lake of district Rewa M.P. India., International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 6(11), 207-209.
- Tripathi A.K., Bhatnagar M.K., Bhatnagar P. and Vyash N. (2014)., Physico-Chemical assessment of surface water quality with respect to seasonal variation around Amarkantak Thermal Power Plant, Chachai, MP, India., Journal of Applied Chemistry, 7(10), 28-33.
- Vaishnav s., sharma d. and saraf a. (2017)., Estimation of water quality physicochemical and biological parameter of Shivnath river in Durg district (Chhattisgarh)., International journal of engineering sciences & research technology., 6(3), 288-292.
- Bureau of Indian Standards for Drinking water-Specification (2012)., undefined, undefined
- Devendra D., Deshpande S. and Kotiya A. (2014)., Analysis of Ground Water Quality Parameters-A Review., Res. J. of Engineering Sci, 3(5), 26-31.