Response Surface Methodological Approach to Optimize the Process Parameters Using PFSIS - Ahybrid Coagulant in Water Treatment
- 1Department of Civil Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of technology, Coimbatore, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 42-46, July,22 (2016)
Polyferric silicate sulphate (PFSiS), a hybrid coagulant was amalgamated by co-polymerization technique using Ferric salt and Polysilicic acid at different OH/Fe ratio and Fe/Si molar ratios. The main intention of this paper was to optimize the factors for the turbidity removal in coagulation-flocculation process in water treatment using Box Behnken method. Effectiveness of important process parameters Fe/Si molar ratio, OH/Fe molar ratio, pH and dosage were enumerated, optimized and designed effectively. Valid quadratic polynomial models were obtained. Hence, PFSiS has proven the capability for the turbidity removal in low turbid water.
- Zouboulis A.I., Tzoupanos N.D. and Moussas P.A. (2007)., Inorganic pre-polymerized coagulants current status and future trends., Int. Conf. on Energy, Environment, Ecosystems and Sustainable Development, Agios Nikolaos, Greece, 24-26, 292.
- Tzoupanos N.D. and Zouboulis A.I. (2011)., Preparation, characterization and application of novel composite coagulants for surface water treatment., Water research, 45, 3614-3626.
- Zouboulis A.I. and Moussas P.A. (2008)., Polyferric silicate sulphate (PFSiS) Preparation, characterization and coagulation behavior., Desalination, 224, 307-316
- Moussas P.A. and Zouboulis A.I. (2008)., A study on the properties and coagulation behavior of modified inorganic polymeric coagulant Polyferric silicate sulphate (PFSiS)., Separation and Purification Technology, 63, 475–483.
- Soraya Mohejeri and Hamidi Abdul Aziz (2010)., Statistical optimization of process parameter for landfill leachate treatment using electron Fenton technique., Journal of Hazardous material, 176, 749-758.
- Shahin Ghafari, Hamidi Abdul Aziz, Mohamed Hasnain Isa and Ali Akbar Zinatizadeh (2009)., Application of response surface methodology to optimize coagulation–flocculation treatment of leachate using poly-aluminum chloride (PAC) and alum., Journal of Hazardous Materials, 163, 650–656.
- Harfouchi H., Hank D. and Hellal A. (2016)., Response surface methodology for the elimination of humic substances from water by coagulation using powdered saddled sea bream scale as coagulant aid., Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 99, 216–226.
- Thuy khanhtrinh and limseokkang (2011)., Response surface methodological approach to optimize the coagulation flocculation process in drinking water treatment., Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 89, 1126–1135.
- Cuizhen Sun, Qinyan Yue, Baoyu Gao, Baichuan Cao, Ruimin Mu and Zhibin Zhang (2012)., Synthesis and floc properties of polymeric ferric aluminumchloride–poly di methyl di allylammonium chloride coagulant in coagulating humic acid–kaolin synthetic water., Chemical engineering Journal, 185-186, 29-34.
- Rani Li, Chao He and Yanling He (2013)., Preparation and characterization of poly-silicic cation coagulant from Industrial wastes., Desalination, 319, 85–91.
- FU Ying, YU Shui-li1, YU Yan-zhen, QIU Li-ping and HUI Ban. (2007)., Reaction mode between Si and Fe and evaluation of optimal species in poly-silicic-ferric coagulant., Journal of Environmental Sciences, 19, 678–688.