Environmental Awareness and Practice among Undergraduate girl Student of Purulia District, West Bengal, India
- 1Department of Zoology, Purulia Nistarini College, Purulia, West Bengal, India
- 2Department of Zoology, Bankura Sammilani College, Bankura, West Bengal, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 5, Issue (6), Pages 14-18, June,22 (2016)
This paper mainly focused to understand the environmental awareness related to global and local environmental problem, health hazards, idea about environmental laws, among undergraduate girl students. The survey was conducted on 122 rural and urban undergraduate girl student randomly selected from different stream and class in the district of Purulia, West Bengal, India. The study is questionnaire in nature. The study is also design to know girl students environmental practices with regard to the preference of types of cosmetics uses, plastic bags, its uses and disposal, alternative uses against plastic bags and their participation in various environment related awareness programmes. For successful implementation of environment protection strategy, community especially women’s participation is much more needed. For this purpose a holistic understanding of the current status of environmental awareness and practice among undergraduate girl student of Purulia district is evaluated.
- Kumar S. (2013)., Environmental Awareness among Rural Folks of Hamirpur District, H.P., The International Journal of Engineering And Science., 2(1), 81-84.
- Seema (1997)., A survey of awareness of college students regarding environment pollution., Ph. D Dissertation, B.H.U, Varanasi, India.
- Abharam M. and Arjunan N.K. (2005)., Environmental interest of secondary school students in relation to their environmental attitude., Perspective in Education., 21(2), 100-110.
- Nagra V. and Dhillon J.S. (2006)., Environmental education awareness among secondary school teachers., Perspective in Education., 22 (3 ), 186-191.
- Joseph L.A., Victoria E.A., Campbell A.B. and Louie R. (2004)., Teaching students to make better decisions about the environment: lessons from the decision sciences., Journal of Environmental Education., 36(1), 33–44.
- Dolui G., Chatterjee S. and Das C. N. (2014)., Weathering and Mineralogical Alteration of Granitic Rocks in Southern Purulia District, West Bengal, India., International Research Journal of Earth Sciences., 2(4), 1-12.
- Gupta B. and Sharma S. (2014)., Awareness, Attitude and Practices towards Environment among Women in the Rural Areas of Rajouri (J&K)., Indian Journal of Applied Research., 4(2), 36-38.
- Sharma N.K. (2014)., A Study on Environmental Awareness Of College Students In Relation To Sex, Rural- Urban Background And Academic Streams Wise., Tojned the online journal of New Horizons in Education., 4(2),15-20.
- Mondal B.C. and Mete J.A. (2010)., Comparative Study of Environmental Awareness among Secondary School Students in Relation to Gender and Residential Background., Sikshachintan., 4 ,17-21.
- Sengupta M., Das J. and Maji P. K. (2010)., Environmental Awareness and Environment Related Behaviour of Twelfth Grade Students in Kolkata: Effects of Stream and Gender., Anwesa., 5, 1–8.
- Shobeiri S.M., Omidvar B. and Prahallada N.N. (2007)., A Comparative Study of Environmental Awareness among Secondary School Students in Iran and India., International Journal of Environmental Research, 1(1), 28-34.
- Kumar A.J. (2012)., A study on assessment of environmental awareness among teacher trainees in teacher training institutes., International Journal of Research in Social Sciences., 2(3), 312-321.
- Pillai S.K.P. (2012)., A Study of Environmental Awareness of B.Ed. trainees in Cuddalore District., Indian Streams Research Journal., 2(10), 1-4.
- Kapoor N. (2011)., Role of mass media in promotion of environmental awareness along with skill development among the rural people of Shringverpur, Allahabad district, India., International Conference on Chemical, Biological and Environment Sciences., 264-268.
- Mondal R.P., Pati S., Sarkar S., Gayen A., Guin P. and Mishra T. (2015)., General awareness and Perceptions about Sacred Groves and Biodiversity Conservation in Urban people of Bankura District, West Bengal, India., International Research Journal of Environment Sciences., 4(2), 16-21.
- Sivamoorthy M., Nalini R. and Kumar C.S. (2013)., Environmental Awareness and Practices among College Students., International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention., 2(8), 11-15.