Physico-chemical Composition of Grewia coriacea Mast. (Malvaceae) Fruit during ripening
- 1Department of Natural Sciences, ENS, University Marien Ngouabi, P.O. Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo
- 2Department of Natural Sciences, ENS, University Marien Ngouabi, P.O. Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo
- 3Laboratory of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, Marien Ngouabi University, P.O. Box 69, Brazzaville, Congo
- 4Department of Natural Sciences, ENS, University Marien Ngouabi, P.O. Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo
- 5Department of Exact Sciences, ENS University Marien Ngouabi, P.O. Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo
- 6Laboratory of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, Marien Ngouabi University, P.O. Box 69, Brazzaville, Congo
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 5, Issue (12), Pages 38-42, December,10 (2016)
The physico-chemical juice change composition of Grewia coriacea Mast. fruits during development and ripening were determined. The results of proximate analysis have showed that, the percent in water content and titratable acidity decreased with ripening. Tartaric acid level is high more than malic acid whatever the stage of development and ripening. The physical and minerals elements composition increase with development and ripening.
- Attibayeba, Ngantsoue L., Essamambo F., Nkourissa A.C. (2007)., Changes in the chemical composition of the fruits of Grewia coriacea Mast., falling on development and ripening, Fruit 62 369-375.
- Nahar N., Rahman S. and Mosiihuzzaman M. (1990)., Analysis of carbohydrates in seven edible fruits of Bangladesh., Journal of Science and Food Agricultura, 5 185-192.
- Motom M. (1981)., Study of some tropical fruits: concept and classification., Ph.D. Thesis 3rd cycle, University of Strasbourg, 76.
- Makita Madzou J.P. (1978)., List of edible plants in the village of Makabana., Copying, 2.
- Makita-Madzou J.P. (1985)., Morphological study of plants and phytogeographical regions of edible fruits and Niari Lékoumou., Thesis 3rd Cycle, University of Orleans, 159.
- Youmbi E., Clair-Maczulajtys D. and Bory G. (1989)., Variation de la composition chimique des fruits de Dacryodes edulis (Don) Lam., Fruits, 44, 149-154.
- Morabandza C.J., Ongoka R.P., Matini L., Epa C., Nkounkou L.C. and Abena A.A. (2013)., Chemical composition of the mesocarp of Garcinia kola Heckel (Clusiaceae)., Fruit Research Journal of Recent Science,s 2 (1) 1-8.
- Goma Malanda L. and Malonga Moundimba A.J. (2002)., Study of the evolution of photosynthetic pigments during the fruit ripening on the tree: the case of Grewia coriacea., Memory CAPES Natural Sciences, University Marien Ngouabi, 54.
- Attibayeba, Ngantsoue L., Massamba D. and Makoundou B. (2010)., Variation of lipids in almond during growth and ripening of the fruit of Grewia coriacea Mast., (Tiliaceae), Delle Rivista Italiana Sostanze Grasse, Vol. LXXXVI, 63-67.
- Anon., Flore du Congo, du Rwanda et du Burundi (1963)., Spermaphytes, Institut National des Etudes Agronomiques (INEAC), Bruxelles, Belgique., undefined
- Montana C.M., Carmen D., Esperanza T.M. and Pilar C.M. (1994)., HPLC determination of organic acids in pineapple juice and nectars., Z. Lebensm. Unters Forsch, 198, 52-56.
- Motegaonkar Manorama B. and Salunke Shridar D. (2012)., The ash and calcium content of common fruit grown in Latur district, MS, India., Res.J.Recent Sci, 1(5), 66-68.
- Jackson M.L. (1958)., Soil chemical analysis, Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- Balla A. and Barage M. (2008)., Physico-chemical pulp and characterization of the lipid fraction of the fruit of the almond apple Cayor (Neocarya macrophylla Sabine)., Bulletin of Agricultural Research of Benin, 61, 1-6.
- EF See, W Abdullah, W Nadiah, NA Abdul Aziz (2007)., Physico-chemical and sensory evaluation of breads supplemented with pumpkin flour., Tropicultura, 25(2), 119-125.
- Bourzeix M., Guitraud J. and Champagnol F. (1970)., Identification of the organic acids and evaluation of their respective amounts in musts and wines by chromatography and photodensitometry.., Journal of Chromatography, 50 83-91.
- Zarei M., Azizi M., Bashir-Sadr Z. (2011)., Evaluation of physicochemical characteristics of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) fruit falling on ripening., Fruit, 66, 121-129.
- Muhammad A., Dangoggo S.M., Tsate A.I., Itodo A.U., Atiku F.A. (2011)., Proximate, minerals and anti-nutritionals factors of Gardenia aqualla (Gauden dutse) fruit pulp., Pakistan Journal of nutrition, 10(6) 577-581.