Country made handgun with Removable feeding device-Misleading the Investigation: An unusual case
- 1Directorate of Forensic Science Laboratories, Kalina, Santacruz (E), Mumbai-400098, India
Res. J. Forensic Sci., Volume 8, Issue (2), Pages 25-27, July,29 (2020)
A country made firearms are illegally used in various types of crimes are very common in India. Most of the crime cases like murder, armed robbery and attempt to murder etc variety of country made firearms are use. These are used by criminals as their cost is low and they are easily available. Many times it is seen that, removable device/ attachment to these country made firearms can be done to mislead the investigation. Such type of case we received in our laboratory in which country made handgun with adaptor was used in crime. A case of country made handgun is illustrated which may mislead the investigation. This data on such type of adaptor would be useful for Ballistic experts and investigating officers to solve the cases in future.
- Crime in India 2011 Statistics (2011)., NCRB., Ministry of Home Affairs, Chapter 3, Violent Crimes, 340.
- Thejaswi, H, T. and Kumar A, J. (2013)., Desi-Kutta (country made Firearm) and Wound Ballistics A Review., J. Indian. Acad. Forensic Med., 35, 165-9.
- Waghmare, N. P., Suresh, R., Puri, P., Varshney, K. C. and Anand V. (2012)., Modern Trend of Country Made Improvised Pistols Used in the Capital of India., J. Forensic Res., S1, 1-7.
- Warlow, T. A. (2007)., The Criminal use of improvised and re-activated firearms in Great Britain Northern Ireland., Sci. Justice, 47, 111-119.
- Bulent Uner, H., Gokdagan, M. R. and Cakan, H. (2003)., Some samples of weapons and instruments used as weapon in criminal offences in Turkey., Forensic Sci. Int., 132, 113-116.
- Mendis, M. (1997)., Sri Lankan shot pistols and Ballistics., Sri Lankan Sci. Justice, 37, 259-263.
- Pal, A and Pratihari, H. K. (2014)., Examination of some Indian homemade/improvised firearms and their ammunition., AFTE Journal, 46, 234-237.