Innovation of Denim Kurtis incorporating ribbon embroidery
- 1IIS University, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 2Swami Vivekanand University, Meerut, UP, India
Res. J. Family, Community and Consumer Sci., Volume 5, Issue (9), Pages 1-4, November,27 (2017)
Ribbon embroidery is an old art that had attained popularity in the present era. Craft enthusiasts are consistently after the renovation of the traditional forms. Denim kurtis are available in the market without much embellishment except some that are embroidered by the machine. This study is carried out to design and develop denim kurti using ribbon work, to analyse best preferred stitches for a selective width of ribbon and to get acceptability and marketability of the designed Denim Kurtis, 20 females of age group 20-30 years from the field of fashion and textiles were selected as respondents. Kurti2 was most preferred by people, on which ribbon embroidery is done by ˝ inch width of ribbon. People liked the overall appearance of Denim kurtis.
- Amarjot K. (2015)., Embroidery- An Embellishment on Women’s Wear., FCCS Jrnl, 3(9), 4-6.
- Babel S. (2010)., Danka work of Mewar., Asian Journal of Home Science, 5, 108-113.
- Bennur S. and Gavai L. (2015)., Regional Traditional Indian Embroidery “Kasuti”: Key Success Factors to Reach the International Markets., Journal of Textile Science and Engineering, 5(3), 1-3.
- Chaudhary J.B. and Pant S. (2014)., Animal and Birds as Design Ornamentation in Traditional Indian Embroideries., GRT Jrnl, 3(9), 1-10.
- Gupta A.H. and Mehta S. (2014)., Patterns of Phulkari: Then and now., BIJrnlIEAM, 4(4), 179-185.
- Kadolph S.J. (2007)., Textiles, 10th edition, Pearson Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River., New Jersey, 148-149.
- Nagai Y. and Taura T. (2009)., Design Motifs: Abstraction Driven Creativity., SIJSSD Jrnl, 16(2), 13-20.
- Shaeffer C. (2001)., Sewing for the Apparel Industry; Prentice-hall, Inc; Upper Saddle River., New Jersey, 11.
- Weber J. (1990)., Clothing; fashion, fabrics, construction., 2nd edition; McGraw-Hill, New York, 105.
- Yates M. (1996)., Revised edition., W.W. Norton and Company Ltd, New York, 18-20.
- Marian L.D. (1996)., Visual Design in Dress., 3rd Edition, Prentice hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 15.