Ergonomic evaluation and redesigning of Sankheda Sofa Chair
- 1Department of Family & Community Resource Management, Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- 2Department of Family & Community Resource Management, Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Res. J. Family, Community and Consumer Sci., Volume 5, Issue (1), Pages 8-11, January,27 (2017)
Sankheda furniture is traditional furniture manufactured in small town called “Sankheda” located in Gujarat state. The distinct feature of Sankheda Furniture lies in skilled hand work and art work. Sankheda Furniture is famous for the lacquer work, colours and carvings. Sankheda furniture objects are being exported to countries like Canada, USA, Europe AND West Asia. In today’s time the population is still inclined to purchase and use the traditional “Sankheda Furniture” in the living room and other areas of home. The researcher wanted to evaluate Sankheda Sofa Chair ergonomically and redesign selected Sankheda Sofa Chair. In this study an ergonomic checklist was used for evaluation of Sankheda Sofa Chair. The dimensions of selected existing Sankheda Sofa Chair were also obtained. The researchers had suggested and redesign the Sankheda Sofa Chair with changes in dimensions to make it more comfortable and to provide leisure experience for the user. The modified functional design of Sankheda Sofa Chair was thus presented through Plan, Elevation, 3D- view.
- Mala Chandrashekhar (2016)., The Cultural Heritage of India.,
- Etienne Granjean (1982)., Fitting the task to the man, An Ergonomics approach, Tayler and Francis, London.
- Keegan J.J. (1953)., Alterations of the lumber curve related to posture and seating., Journal of Bone Joint Surgery, 35(3), 589-603.
- Akerblom B. (1948)., Standing and Sitting Posture., Stockholm.
- Briger R. (2008)., Introduction to ergonomics, McGRAW HILL Inc., New York, 548.
- Sheth Vivek, Reddy Pratyusha, Das Shamit, Pandey Abhijita (2016)., Gaatha Home, .
- Charles Sturt University (2015)., Workstation Ergonomic Self – Assessment.,
- Michael Patkin (2001)., A Check-List for Handle Design., Ergonomics Australia On-Line, 15(suppl).
- Kothari C.R. (2004)., Research Methodology: Method and Techniques., Wishwa Prakashan, New Delhi.