Nature vs. Nurture in Mark twains Novel Puddn 'head Wilson: An over view of Communitys Environment
- 1Hamdard University, Karachi-PAKISTAN.
- 2 Signature Solutions, Karachi-PAKISTAN.
- 3FUUAST, Karachi-PAKISTAN
- 4Sir Syed University of Engg. and Technology, Karachi-PAKISTAN
Res. J. Family, Community and Consumer Sci., Volume 2, Issue (8), Pages 11-13, September,27 (2014)
It is a complicated dilemma what makes a person who they really are? Mark Twain's novel, "Pudd'nhead" is a precarious analysis of how nature and nurture can grow and support the emotions and free will, which sequentially influences the life of human beings (Twain, Berger and Twain). The story in the novel is about the story of two boys who got switched by a slave woman. The woman switched the boys to protect her son from the darker side of slavery but she makes the other boy live life of a slave (Twain, Berger and Twain). Both the boys learned different attributes and lived different lives. The author analyses their attributes and their behavior towards others by keeping the statement, Nature vs. Nurture, as the title. Mark Twain's hesitant sense of guidance instigated about slavery, moral decomposition, and deceiving existences. The main theme of the novel is inherited or it is the inner quality of a person that makes it who they are (Twain, Berger and Twain).
- Horkheimer, Max, Kritik der Instrumentellen Vernunft,Frankfurt, 41-42 (1974)
- Twain Mark, Sidney E Berger, and Mark Twain., Pudd, 1st ed. New York: Norton, (1980)Print.
- Swan Katharine, The Tragedy Of Pudd, . About.com Classic Literature. N. p., 2014.Web.24 Jul. (2014)
- Jani Nairruti, Women in Afghanistan: Caught in themiddle, International Research Journal of Social Sciences,1(2), 1-7, (2012)
- Renuka E. Asagi, Women Desertees: Post-DesertionProblems, International Research Journal of SocialSciences, 2(1), 29-33, (2013)
- Sincero Sarah, Nature And Nurture Debate-Genes OrEnvironment?, Explorable.com. N. p., 2014.Web. 24 Jul.(2014)
- Marquez, Gabriel Garcia, One Hundred Years of Solitude,London, 43-44 (1978)
- Marquez, Gabriel Garcia, Strange Pilgrims, Penguin BooksLtd., New Delhi, 201-202 (1992)
- Bharani N., Domestic Violence and Human Rights,International Research Journal of Social Sciences, 2(9), 7-10, (2013)
- Goodtherapy.org, Nature Vs. Nurture. N. p., 2013.Web. 24Jul. (2014)
- Sunil kumar and M. Kamalapur, Women Health in India:An Analysis, International Research Journal of SocialSciences, 2(10), 11-15, (2013)
- Cherry Kendra, The Age Old Debate of Nature VersusNurture, About.com Psychology. N. p., 2014.Web. 24 Jul.(2014)
- Subramaniyan J., Secularism and Human Rights in India-AStudy, International Research Journal of Language,Literature and Humanities, 1(3), 1-4, (2014)
- Bligh, David W., If You Don’t Tell It Like It Was, It CanNever Be As It Ought To Be, in http://www.yale.edu/gld/events/memory.htm (2014)
- Merrel Floyd, Jose Arcadio Buendia’s, ScientificParadigms: Man in Search of Himself, ” in Gabriel GarciaMarquez, ed. Harold Bloom, New York, 28-29 (1999)
- Achla Sharma, Status of Women: A Socio-HistoricalAnalysis in different Ages of India, International ResearchJournal of Language, Literature and Humanities, 1(1), 10-14, (2014)
- Marquez, Gabriel Garcia, of, Love and Other Demons,Penguin Books Ltd, New York, 20-21 (1994)
- Marquez, Gabriel Garcia, El Coronel No Tiene Quien LeEscriba Cien Anos De Soleeded, Biblioteca Ayacucho,Venezuela, 19-20 (1961)