A study on the perceptions of student teachers towards digital tools
- 1Mahatma Junior College of Education, Chembur, Mumbai, India
- 2Mahatma Junior College of Education, Chembur, Mumbai, India
Res. J.Educational Sci., Volume 9, Issue (1), Pages 16-19, August,1 (2021)
Digital learning is revolutionizing the field of education. It is emerging as the most promising learning method replacing traditional learning. But the fact remains that teachers find it difficult to switch to digital learning mode or apply digital learning tools effectively in the classroom teaching learning process The primary focus of this study is to understand the perception of the student teachers at various levels about the digital tools and their competencies to use them in the classroom. In the present study a descriptive method is used to study the perceptions of student teachers towards digital tools. The sample consisted of 128 student teachers from different teaching training programs like Diploma in Elementary Education(D.El.Ed.),Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) etc.
- Udaya M. B. and Kalaiyarasan G. (2017)., Awareness of e-learning among B.Ed. student – teachers., https://www.researchgate.net/publication/338108500
- Behera, S. K., Sumit S. and Shilli M. (2016)., Attitude of B.Ed. Student-Teachers towards E-Learning., International Journal of Computer Science Engineering, 5(6), 305-311.
- Grove, K. J. (2008)., Student Teacher ICT Use: Field Experience Placements and Mentor Teacher Influences. Prepared for the OECD ICT and Teacher Training Expert Meeting Paris, France, October 2008., https://www.oecd.org/education/ceri/41674583.pdf
- Seda Yucel (2006)., E-learning approach in teacher training., Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education. 7(4).
- Nithya J. and Malathi V. A. (2017)., A study of awareness on e resources among B.Ed. student teachers., International Journal of Research-Granthaalayah, 5(6), 489-494. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.822570
- Olaniran, Sunday O., M.A.N Duma and D.R. Nzima. (2017)., Assessing the Utilization Level of E-Learning Resources among ODL Based Pre-Service Teacher Trainees., The Electronic Journal of e-Learning. 15(4).