Shaping and cultivating teachers: reflections of a trainer
- 1Bulacan State University, Philippines
Res. J.Educational Sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 11-14, September,1 (2019)
In the fast-changing society, some educators are passive in one corner that they do not anymore follow the trends and emerging practices expected by millennial learners. Reading is one of the steps on how language teachers can expand their horizons; however, this activity is not enough. This reflective research article sought to explain and describe the personal experiences and observations of the writer-researcher in delivering and practicing teacher training for more than a decade. He illustrated his life experiences in a descriptive and narrative method. Part of his narration includes his quest for ideas, formulation of insights, interaction with others, and practices. Most of the insights shared and explored in this articles deal with the common issues and problems encountered by trainers and trainees. The author-researcher offers practical tips and interactive tasks which novice and beginning teachers may adapt for them to experience a difference and achieve excellence.
- Cruickshank D.R. (1987)., Reflective Teaching., The Preparation of Students of Teaching.
- Killen R. (2009)., Effective Teaching Strategies: Lessons from Research and Practice. (5th Edition)., Sydney: CENGAGE Learning.
- Moore K.D. (2005)., Effective Instructional Strategies from Theory to Practice., California: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Celce-Murcia M. (2001)., Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language. (Third Edition)., Boston, MA: HEINLE Cengage Learning.
- Gleeson D. and James D. (2007)., the paradox of professionalism in English Further Education: A TLS project perspective., Educational Review, 59(4), 451-467.
- Boud D., Keogh R. and Walker D. (1985)., Reflection: Turning experience into Learning: London: Kogan Page.,
- Burrows D.E. (1995)., The nurse teacher, Nurse Education Today, 15(5), 346-350.
- Dewey J. (1933)., How We Think New York: DC Heath., Classic and highly influential discussion of thinking.
- Brookfield S. (1995)., Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher., San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Moon J.A. (2013)., A handbook of reflective and experiential learning: Theory and practice., Routledge.