Reasoning ability as a determinant of teaching aptitude: a study on teachers trainee student of Durg-Bhilai region, India
- 1Department of Education, MATS University, Raipur, CG, India
- 2Department of Education, MATS University, Raipur, CG, India
Res. J.Educational Sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 1-7, September,1 (2019)
This research paper aims to highlight the importance of reasoning ability in selecting the students of teacher training colleges so that they are more likely to develop higher teaching aptitude during their training. On examining the reasoning abilty score and teaching aptitude score of selected sample of student from teacher training colleges of Durg-Bhilai reason it was concluded that there was a high significant correlation between teaching aptitude and reasoning ability score of students. It was also concluded that Reasoning Ability was able to explain about 45 % of variation in the teaching aptitude of teacher trainee students. This can act as a benchmark to set entrance exam in such a way that at least 45 % of the weight age is to be given to the the questions on reasoning ability.
- Nisbett R.E., Fong G.T., Lehman D.R. and Cheng P.W. (1987)., Teaching reasoning., Science, 238(4827), 625-631.
- Kyllonen P. and Christal R. (1990)., Reasoning ability is (little more than) working memory capacity?., Intelligence, 14, 389-433.
- Schmitt V. and Fischer J. (2009)., Inferential reasoning and modality dependent discrimination learning in olive baboons (Papio hamadryas anubis)., Journal of Comparative Psychology, 123(3), 316-325.
- Ben-Chaim D., Ron S. and Zoller U. (2000)., The disposition of eleventh-grade science students toward critical thinking., Journal of Science Education and Technology, 9(2), 149-159.
- Barak A. (2007)., Emotional support and suicide prevention through the Internet: A field project report., Computers in Human Behavior, 23(2), 971-984.
- Benbow C.P. and Stanley J.C. (1983)., Sex differences in mathematical reasoning ability: More facts., Science, 222(4627), 1029-1031.
- Mukhopadhyay M. (2014)., Mainstreaming gender or reconstituting the mainstream? Gender knowledge in development., Journal of International Development, 26(3), 356-367.
- Sharma R.A. (1971)., A Study of Relationship of Predictors ofTeacher Effictivness at Elementry Level and Follow up After one Year of Training., Ph.D Thesis in Education, Merrut University.
- Adval S.B. (1952)., An introduction into qualities of teachers under training., Unpublished doctoral thesis. Edu. University of Baroda Beena.
- Ekstrom Ruth B. (1978)., Concerns of Women in Educational Research and Development at Three Stages of Professional Development: Student Years, Early Postdoctoral Years, and Intermediate Professional Years., ETS Policy and Research Reports.
- Banerji N.K. (1956)., A Study of Specific Ability and Attainment in the Teaching Profession in Junior High and Higher Secondary Schools., Allahabad: Government Central Pedagogical Institute.