Prospects, Challenges and Achievements of Right to Education in Uttarakhand, India
- 1H.N.B. University, Srinagar, Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India
- 2H.N.B. University, Srinagar, Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India
Res. J.Educational Sci., Volume 4, Issue (5), Pages 1-4, May,1 (2016)
This study was carried out to know about the status of RTE in Uttarakhand after such long period of its implementation. This study concluded that at present education level is not at satisfactory level in India. The most of studies indicates the poor condition of elementary education and concluded that this condition is the creation of poor condition of infrastructure, teachers, condition, parent’s illiteracy, social and economic discrimination. Overall condition of primary education in Uttarakhand as well in other states of India is alarming and need to reconsider the whole education system. There is a need to monitor the programs running for school going children. The successful implementation of programs, the serious monitoring and an effective information system is required.
- Sharma L. (1993)., Unni Krishana J. P. vs State of A.P. and Orissa,, 1 SCC 645. indiankanoon.org/doc/1775396/.
- http://www.indg.in/primary-ducation/ policiesandschemes/rte_ssa_final_report. pdf [Last accessed on October 23, 2013]., undefined, undefined
- National Commission for Women (2016)., Study on “Discrimination of the girl child in Uttar Pradesh” conducted by Social Action forum for Manav Adhikar,, New Delhi. (2016)
- Thomas F.W. (1891)., History and Prospects of British Education in India,, George Bell and Sons, 1891. P. 1.
- Sharma NK, Tiwari PK and Sood YR (2013)., Renewable and Sustainable Energy., Uttarakhand annual plan. 2012-2013.
- Sheela Rajeshwari and Vandana Saxena (2014)., Travelling Through the Hills: Exploring the Educational Journey of Children with Special Needs., Educationia Confab. 3(1).
- Ojha Seema S. (2013)., Implementing Right to Education: Issues and challenges., Res. J. Edu. Sci. 1(2), 1-7.
- Vishwas Kumar and Another Vs. State of Uttarakhand and Others (2011)., In The High Court of Uttarakhand at Nainital,, Writ Petition No. 1246 (Ss) of 2011, Decided On: 20.09.2011.
- Anup Kumar (2014)., A Study of the Development of Primary Education in Uttarkashi District (Uttarakhand) From 2001 to 2014., Int. Jour. Humanit. Soc. l Scie. Inven. , 3(8), 16-24.
- Barthwal R. (2014)., More than 2044 primary schools are going to close., Dainik Jagran, Dehradun.
- Bora B.S. (2014)., More than five thousand government primary schools are going to close in Uttarakhand., Amar Ujala, Dehradun .
- Anup Kumar and Anoj Raj (2015)., A study of the development of primary education in Dehradun district (Uttarakhand) from 2000 to 2011., Int. J. Res. Eng., IT and Social Sciences, 5(5), 28-42.
- Pushola R. (2015)., Lack of infrastructure facilities in Government primary schools in Dehradun district., Dainik Jagran Dehradun.
- Adhikari Tejaswini (2001)., Case study of five NMMC schools in Navi Mumbai., Mumbai: Tata Ins of Social Sciences.
- Banerji Rukmini (2000)., Poverty and primary schooling-field studies from Mumbai and Delhi., Economic and Political Weekly, Mumbai, 35(10), 79.
- Ajit Mondal and Jayanta Mete (2013)., Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation-An Appraisal., Issues and Ideas in Education, 1(2) 121–138.
- Vyas S. (2011)., A study on the awareness among elementary school teachers in the national capital region on the right of children to free and compulsory education act-2009., Available online at www.sarojvyasblogspot.in.
- Bhatnagar N. and Das A.K. (2013)., Newly two decades after the implementation of persons with disabilities act: Concerns of Indian teachers to implement inclusive education., Int. J. Spec. Edu., 28(2), 104-113.
- Bhatnagar N. and Das A. (2014)., Regular School Teachers’ Concerns and Perceived Barriers to Implement Inclusive Education in New Delhi,, India. Int. J. Inst., 7(2), 89-102.