Study of groundwater levels in Chevella sub basin, Rangareddy District, Telangana State, India
- 1Department of Geology, Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
- 2Department of Geology, Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
Int. Res. J. Earth Sci., Volume 5, Issue (11), Pages 13-23, December,25 (2017)
Average ground water levels in the study area varied from 9.98mbgl to 16.63mbgl in pre monsoon where as in post monsoon it varied from 4.72mbgl to 10.91mbgl. Three years of water levels such as 2008, 2009 and 2013 in pre monsoon; and five years of post monsoon water levels of 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 is observed increasing trend and 2013 and 2014 showing decreasing trend. There is no change in water levels during study period in pre monsoon of 2010; And post monsoon of 2013 and 2014. 2011, 2012 and 2014 of post monsoon season shows the decreasing trends. During the study years average lowest water levels recorded as 16.63mbgl in pre monsoon of 2012; and average highest water levels found as 3.96mbgl in post monsoon of 2013. Positive relation is observed between ground water levels and rainfall.
- CGWB (2016)., Groundwater year book 2015-16, Rangareddy district, Andhra Pradesh., Central Groundwater department, southern region, Hyderabad, 13-37.
- Penumaka Ramesh, Boddu Umamaheswara Rao and Podila Sankara Pitchaiah (2016)., Groundwater Quality Analysis for Drinking purpose Using GIS of Chevella Sub basin, Rangareddy District, Telangana State, India., International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, 5(6), 1-8.
- Sukumar S. and Sankar K. (2011)., Statistical Study on Pre & Post Monsoon Variation of Groundwater Level in Theni District, Tamil Nadu – India., International journal of environmental sciences, 1(5), 798.
- Sishodia R.P., Shukla S., Graham W.D., Wani S.P. and Garg K.K. (2016)., Bi-decadal groundwater level trends in a semi-arid south Indian region: Declines, causes and management., Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, 8, 43-58.
- Tao W., Zhang J. and Wang J. (2015)., Cause Analysis and Prediction of the Groundwater Level in Jinghuiqu Irrigation District., Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection, 3(2), 85-89.