Deterministic Annual Runoff Model for Selected Watersheds in Upper and Middle Godavari sub basin
- 1Deptt. of SWE, CTAE, MPUAT Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 2Deptt. of SWE, CTAE, MPUAT Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 3Deptt. of SWE, CTAE, MPUAT Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 4Deptt. of SWE, CTAE, MPUAT Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 5Dept. of Agril. Stat & Computer Applications, RCA, MPUAT Udaipur, India
Int. Res. J. Earth Sci., Volume 4, Issue (10), Pages 1-8, October,25 (2016)
Watershed is an hydrological unit. The physio-hydrological behaviour of the watershed is studied by using the hydrologic modelling. Watershed proper scientific planning and management needs reliable detailed data for reliable predictions. In the study the multivariate statistical method is applied to development of dimensionally homogeneous and statistically optimal models for prediction of annual runoff in the selected watersheds in upper and middle sub basins in Godavari basin. The Principal component analysis (PCA) technique is applied in order to group similar geomorphological characteristics and to screen out the least importance parameters. The deterministic annual runoff model is developed on the basis of the geomorphological characteristics and annual rainfall and runoff data. The model is also validated. The developed models can be used to predict the annual runoff for upper and middle sub basins of Godavari basin. The developed model can be used to predict the annual runoff having similar hydrological conditions.
- Gupta Y. and Singh P.K. (2010)., Deterministic modelling of annual runoff and sediment production rate for small watersheds of Mahi Catchment., Indian Journal of Soil Conservation., 30(3), 142-147.
- Roy P.S. Dwivedi R.S. and Vijayan D. (2010)., Remote Sensing Application., Chapter 6, Flood Disaster Management, Book published by National Remote Sensing Agency, ISBN 978-81-909460-0-1.
- Mahnot S.C., Mishra A., Sharma D.C., Singh P.K. and Roy K.K. (2004)., Water Harvesting and Management., Published by SDC-IC, Unit, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, 120.
- Jain S.K., Agarwal P.K. and Singh V.P. (2007)., Hydrology and Water Resources of India., Springer Publication, 641- 699.
- Kumar V. (1991)., Deterministic modeling of annual runoff and sediment production rate for small watersheds of Damodar Valley Catchment., Indian Journal of Soil Conservation., 19(1&2), 66-74.
- Singh P.K, Kumar V. and Purohit R.C. (2007)., Deterministic Modeling of Annual Runoff and Sediment Production Rate for Small Watersheds of Chambal Catchment., Journal of Agricultural Engineering., 44(4), 8-15.
- Sharma S.K., Gajbhiye S. and Tignath S. (2015)., Application of principal component analysis in grouping geomorphic parameters of a watershed for hydrological modeling., Applied Water Science., 5, 89-96.
- Anonymous (2012)., River Basin Atlas of India-WRIS., RRSC-West, NRSC, ISRO, Jodhpur, India.
- Chow V.T. (1964)., Handbook of Applied Hydrology., McGraw Hill Book Co., New Delhi.
- Singh P.K., Kumar V., Purohit R.C., Kothari M. and Dashora P.K. (2009)., Application of principal component analysis in grouping geomorphic parameters for hydrologic modelling., Water Resources Manage., 23, 325-339.
- Hotelling H. (1933)., Analysis of a complex of statistical variables into principal components., J Educ Psychol., 24, 417-441, 498-520.