Novel IEGM model for effective E-Governance in India
- 1Department of Computer Science, A.P.S. University, Rewa-486003, M.P., India
- 2Department of Computer Science, A.P.S. University, Rewa-486003, M.P., India
- 3Department of Computer Science, A.P.S. University, Rewa-486003, M.P., India
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 8-14, September,20 (2017)
The national E-governance plan of Indian government seeks to lay and provide the impetus for long term growth of e-governance within the country. Several initiatives has been taken by state and central government for effective implementation of e-governance but integrating these initiatives to enable them in a single view for decision making, is a complex process and needs to be addressed. This is due to lack of uniformity among various applications, which is one of the biggest challenges for model developers today. In this paper authors have proposed a novel model IEGM i.e. \"Indian e-governance model\", in which above mentioned issues are addressed. The model may help in effective implementation of e-governance in India. The paper also proposed a model for data mining and big data analytic. Challenges and potential opportunities where data analytics techniques can be implemented for effective decision making are also discussed. Authors strongly recommended that the open and homogeneous clean data should be made available to researchers using cloud computing or open platform for future research through a government portal for data analytic and mining purpose.
- Palvia S.C.J. and Sharma S.S. (2007)., E-government and e-governance: definitions/domain framework and status around the world., International Conference on E-governance, 1-12.
- Verma K.K. and Shrivastava N. (2015)., Exploring Role and Associated Challenges of Data Mining Technique and it, IJARCET, 4(8), 3473-3478.
- UNPAN (2016)., UN e-Government Survey 2016. E-Government in Support of Sustainable Development., New York: UNPAN. Retrieved August 02, 2016, ISBN: 978-92-1-058156-1. from http://workspace.unpan.org/ sites/ Internet/ Documents/UNPAN96407.pdf
- Verma K.K., Shrivastava N., Patel A.K. and Pandey A. (2017)., Status of E-Governance and E-Services in India., 2nd International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT), IEEE, Siddhant College of Engineering, Pune , India, 1-5, ISBN: 978-1-5090-4307-1.
- Joshi H.D., Gondaliya T.P. and Joshi H.J. (2015)., New Big Things in Era of Digital Data:‘Big Data’and Big Data Challenges with its Solution Using Different Tools., 10th International CABLIBER 2015, HP University and IIAS, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India, March 12-14, 496-507. ISBN: 978-93-81232-05-7.
- Linders D. and Wang C.M. (2013)., Proactive e-governance: flipping the service delivery model in Taiwan., Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance, ACM, New York, NY, USA, pp. 154-157. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2591888.2591913
- The National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), https://www.negp.gov.in. 16 September 2016., undefined, undefined
- Al-hassan M., Lu H. and Lu J. (2009)., A framework for delivering personalized e-government services from a citizen-centric approach., In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications and Services, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 436-440. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1806338.1806419
- RAO V.R. (2014)., A Framework for e-Government Data Mining Applications (eGDMA) for Effective Citizen Services-An Indian Perspective., International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology Research, 2(4), 209-225.
- Kacem A., Belkaroui R., Jemal D., Ghorbel H., Faiz R. and Abid I.H. (2016)., Towards Improving e-Government Services Using Social Media-Based Citizen, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 187-190. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2910019.2910029
- Chutimaskul W., Funilkul S. and Chongsuphajaisiddhi V. (2008)., The quality framework of e-government development., In Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on Theory and practice of electronic governance, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 105-109. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1509096.1509117
- Milić P., Veljković N. and Stoimenov L. (2012)., Framework for open data mining in e-government., Proceedings of the Fifth Balkan Conference in Informatics, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 255-258. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2371316.2371369
- Dos Santos Brito K., da Silva Costa M.A., Garcia V.C. and de Lemos Meira S.R. (2014)., Brazilian government open data: implementation, challenges, and potential opportunities., In Proceedings of the 15th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 11-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2612733.2612770
- Sangeetha G. and Rao L.M. (2016)., Modelling of E-Governance Framework for Mining Knowledge from Massive Grievance Redressal Data., International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), 6(1), 367-374.
- Chen P. (2012)., Data Mining Applications in E-Government Information Security., Procedia Engineering, 29, 235-240. https://doi.org/ 10.1016/ j.proeng.2011.12.700
- Suh J.H., Park C.H. and Jeon S.H. (2010)., Applying text and data mining techniques to forecasting the trend of petitions filed to e-People., Expert Systems with Applications, 37(10), 7255-7268. https://doi.org/ 10.1016/j.eswa.2010.04.002
- Tilahun T. and Sharma D.P. (2015)., Design and Development of E-Governance Model for Service Quality Enhancement., Journal of Data Analysis and Information Processing, 3(03), 55-62. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.4236/ jdaip.2015.33007
- Digital India (2017)., EKranti- Electronic Delivery of Services., http://digitalindia.gov.in/content/ekranti-electronic-delivery-services. 11 August 2017.
- Presentation (2014)., Digital India–A programme to transform India into digital empowered society and knowledge economy., Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=108926. 20 August 2014.
- Mostafa M.M. and El-Masry A.A. (2013)., Citizens as consumers: Profiling e-government services’ users in Egypt via data mining techniques., International Journal of Information Management, 33(4), 627-641. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2013.03.007
- Al Saghier H. (2016)., Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: A Web Usage Mining Based Approach., Asian Journal of Information Technology, 15(1), 13-17. 10.3923/ ajit.2016.13.17
- Government of India (2012)., About Open Government Data (OGD) Platform India., https://data.gov.in/about-us. 19 September 2016.