Research scopes in health care analytics
- 1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, India
- 2Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, India
- 3Department of Information Technology, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, India
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 5-7, September,20 (2017)
In the field of health care practices and research, big data analytics are playing a vital role. It has provided tools to collect, grip, scrutinize, and integrate large volumes of dissimilar, structured, and unstructured data produced by current healthcare systems. Big data analytics has been recently applied towards aiding the process of care delivery and disease exploration. This paper focuses on introduction of big data and its characteristics like volume, velocity, variety, veracity and value. It also focuses on different types of analytics in health care and life science. Various applications of big data in health are also discussed.
- Belle Ashwin, Thiagarajan Raghuram, Soroushmehr S.M., Navidi Fatemeh, Beard Daniel A. and Najarian Kayvan (2015)., Big Data Analytics in Healthcare., BioMed Research International, 1-17.
- Reisner A.T., Khitrov M.Y., Chen L., Blood A., Wilkins K., Doyle W., Wilcox S., Denison T. and Reifman J. (2013)., Development and Validation of a Portable Platform for Deploying Decision-Support Algorithms in Prehospital Settings., Applied clinical informatics, 4(3), 392-402.
- Kaur Karamjit and Rani Rinkle (2015)., A Smart Polyglot Solution for Big Data in Healthcare., IT Pro, IEEE, 17(6), 48-55.
- Lo’ai A. Tawalbeh, Mehmood Rashid, Benkhlifa Elhadj and Song Houbing (2016)., Mobile Cloud Computing Model and Big Data Analysis for Healthcare Applications., IEEE, 4, 6171-6180.
- Wells Timothy S., Ozminkowski Ronald J., Hawkins Kevin, Bhattarai Gandhi R. and Armstrong Douglas G. (2016)., Leveraging big data in population health management., Big Data Analytics, 1-14.
- Ali Anwaar, Qadir Junaid, Rasool Raihan ur, Sathiaseelan Arjuna, Zwitter Andrej and Crowcroft Jon (2016)., Big data for development: applications and techniques., Big Data Analytics, 1-24.
- Palomba Stefano, Wilde Marlieke A De, Falbo Angela, Koster Maria P.H., Sala Giovanni Battista La and Fauser Bart C.J.M. (2015)., Pregnancy complications in women with polycystic ovary syndrome., Human Reproduction, 21(5), 575-592.
- Ogwang Simon, Karyabakabo Zepher and Rutebemberwa Elizeus (2009)., Assessment of partogram use during labour in Rujumbura Health Sub District, Rukungiri District, Uganda., African Health Sciences, 9(1), 27-34.
- Altena Allard J., Moerland Perry D., Zwinderman Aeilko H. and Olabarriaga Sílvia D. (2016)., Understanding big data themes from scientific biomedical literature through topic modeling., Journal of Big Data , 3, 23.
- Toga Arthur W. and Dinov Ivo D. (2015)., Sharing big biomedical data., Journal of Big Data , 2, 7.
- Fitzhenry Fern, Resnic F.S., Robbins S.L., Denton J., Nookala L., Meeker D., Ohno-Machado L. and Matheny M.E. (2015)., Creating a Common Data Model for Comparative Effectiveness with the Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership., Applied Clinical Informatics, 6(3), 536-547.
- He Hui, Du Zhonghui, Zhang Weizhe and Chen Allen (2016)., Optimization strategy of Hadoop small file storage for big data in healthcare., J Supercomput, 72(10), 3696-3707.
- Ma Linh Van, Kim Jisue, Park Sanghyun, Kim Jinsul and Jang Jonghyeon (2016)., An efficient Session_Weight load balancing and scheduling methodology for high-quality telehealth care service based onWebRTC., J Supercomput, 72(10), 3909-3926.
- Rodríguez-Mazahua Lisbeth, Rodríguez-Enríquez Cristian-Aarón, Sánchez-Cervantes José Luis, Cervantes Jair, Luis García-Alcaraz Jorge and Alor-Hernández Giner (2016)., A general perspective of Big Data: applications, tools,challenges and trends., J Supercomput, 72(8), 3073-3113.
- Kuo Mu-Hsing, Chrimes Dillon, Moa Belaid and Hu Wei (2015)., Design and Construction of a Big Data Analytics Framework for Health Applications., IEEE, 631-636.