Web services: the analysis of service oriented architecture, security issues and its challenges
- 1Department of Computer Sc. and Engg., Malla Reddy Institute of Technology Secunderabad-500100, India
- 2Department of ECE, Anil Neerukonda Institute of Technology & Sciences, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh-531162, India
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 5, Issue (6), Pages 8-11, August,20 (2017)
Web Service is relatively new and a relevant area. The security issues of Web Services in a distributed environment are a major concern of research. The service provider facing a lot of problems when it provides users to avail the Web services. So, the Web service security is one of the thrust areas of research both in industry as well as in academia. The present work is mainly focusing on security issues of Web Services and its challenges. In this paper, a study on the existing standards and protocols such as the service oriented architecture of the Web services, the role of XML, WSDL, SOAP, and the UDDI in the Web services, security issues with its challenges is carried out.
- Singhal Anoop (2007)., Web Services Security: Challenges and Techniques., 8th IEEE International Workshop on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks, Policy, 07, IEEE Computer Society, 282-282.
- Yue Hua and Tao Xu (2012)., Web Services Security Problem in Service-oriented Architecture., International Conference onApplied Physics and Industrial Engineering, Physics Procedia, 24, 1635-1641.
- Gupta K.N., Agarwala K.N. and Agarwala P.A. (2005)., Digital Signature: Network Security Practices., PHI Pub. New Delhi, ISBN-10: 8120325990, ISBN-13: 978-8120325999.
- Chinnici Roberto, Gudgin Martin, Moreau Jean-Jacques, Schlimmer Jeffrey and Weerawarana Sanjiva (2004)., Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 1: Core Language., W3C Working Draft 26-March-2004.https://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-20040326/
- Martin Gudgin, Marc Hadley, Noah Mendelsohn, Jean-Jacques Moreau, Henrik F., Anish K. and Yves L. (2007)., SOAP Version 1.2 Part 1: Messaging Framework (Second Edition)., W3C Recommendation. http://www.w3.org/ TR/SOAP/
- Richard Robert (2006)., W3C: Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI)., 751-780. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4302-0139-7_19, http://www.uddi.org
- Gutierrez C., Medina E.F. and Piattini M. (2005)., Web Services Enterprise Security Architecture: A Case Study., Fairfax.Virginia. USA, ACM, 10-19.
- Zhou Jiehan and Niemelä Eila (2006)., Toward Semantic QoS Aware Web Services: Issues, Related Studies and Experience., VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI 2006 Main Conference Proceedings), 553-557.
- Martino L.D. and Bertino E. (2006)., Security For Web Services-Standards and Research Issues., Center for Education and Research in Information Assurance and Security, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2086; CERIAS Tech Report 2006-34.
- Mcintosh, M. and Austel, P. (2005)., XML Signature Element Wrapping Attacks and Countermeasures., Proceedings of the 2005 workshop on Secure web services (SWS
- Lockhart Hal (2005)., Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 Technical Overview., Working Draft 03, 20th February 2005. http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbre
- An-feng Ma and Feng-yu Zhao (2009)., Based on rampart module axis2Web Service Security Research [J]., Computer Applications and Software, 26(9), 31-33.
- Wei Meng., Zhang Chen, An-huai Liu and Hailing Liu (2006)., Web Services Security Model and Implementation., Computer Engineering and Applications, 42(26), 134-136.
- Michael N.H. and Singh M.P. (2005)., Service-Oriented Computing: Key concepts and principles., IEEE Internet computing, 9(1), 75-81.
- Neil M.O. (2003)., Web-Service Security., Tata Mcgraw Hill Pub. New York.
- Anderson Anne, Proctor Seth and Simon Godik (2003)., OASIS XACML Profile for Web-services., Working Draft 04, Structure, 16, 52.
- Bellwood Tom (2004)., IOASIS UDDI Version 3.0.2., UDDI Spec Technical Committee Draft, 01-396.
- Sinha Subrata and Sinha Smriti Kumar (2010)., Security Issues in Web Services: A Review and Development Approach of Research Agenda., Assam University Journal of Science & Technology: Physical Sciences and Technology, 5(2), 134-140.
- Aruna S. (2016)., Security in Web Services- Issues and Challenges., International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 5(9), ISSN: 2278-0181
- Bartel Mark, Boyer John, Fox Barb and Simon Ed,.(2002)., XML-Signature Syntax and Processing., W3C Recommendation, 12.https://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/
- Kirda Engin, Kerer Clemens, Jazayeri Mehdi and Kruegel Christopherl (2001)., Supporting Multi-Device Enabled Web Services: Challenges and Open Problems., Proceedings of Tenth IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises, (WET ICE 2001), 49-54.