LSPU Main Campus E-learning Readiness Assessment
- 1College of Computer Studies, Laguna State Polytechnic University, Brgy. Bubukal Sta. Cruz, Laguna, Philippines
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 4, Issue (9), Pages 14-21, September,20 (2016)
A phenomenal impact of Information Technology in educational environment has significantly been a topic of recent studies which stresses the significance of information technology in education. E-Learning in the Philippines can be regarded as relatively new and in its infancy, in spite of this private higher educational institution has been implementing e-Learning in academic environment. Most state universities in the Philippines such as Laguna State Polytechnic University Main Campus is still using traditional methods or traditional teacher-centered methods and eLearning specifically Learning Management Systems is nonexistent. The study aims to assess the e-Learning readiness of Laguna State Polytechnic University Main Campus based on the following factors: i. E-learning Readiness ii. Acceptance iii. Training iv. Technological Infrastructure v. Tools Awareness. The study involves 23 Faculty members and 37 students from nine Colleges. Statistical analysis method was utilized to treat the assessment results. The result of this study shows that both faculty and student in the undergraduate program agree that the campus is ready to accept e-Learning in the current educational environment. The research evaluated the preparedness of the campus to implement an eLearning experience for the undergraduate programs, to design a good Learning Management System framework and to formulate a student-centric eLearning environment that will open the opportunity for the growth of e-learning in the LSPU system.
- Karthikeyan P. (2013)., ICT In Education., Indian Streams Research Journal, 3(6).
- O, What is the Impact of Technology on Learning?., Pearson Allyn Bacon Prentice Hall, Retrieved from http://www.education.com /reference/article/what-impact-technology-learning.
- Clark R.C. and Mayer R.E. (2011)., E - Learning and the Science of Instruction., 3rd ed, Pfeiffer Publications, San Francisco California, Retrieved from http://media.wiley. com/product_data/excerpt/36/07879868 /0787986836.pdf.
- McPherson M. and Nunes M.B. (2004)., The Role of Tutors as an Integral Part of Online Learning Support., Europeon Journal of Open, Distance and E Learning, Retrieved from: http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/999/1/ Maggie _MsP.html.
- Schrum L. (2005)., Technology as a Tool to Support Instruction., Education World, Retrieved from: http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/tech/tech004.html.
- Zapalska A., Shao L.P. and Shao D.H. (2003)., Evaluating the Effectiveness of WebCT Using Student Feedback., Academy of Educational Leadership Journal , 7(3), 91-101, Retrieved from: http://www.questia.com/read/1G1-208747767/evaluating-the-effectiveness-of-webct-using-student.
- Arimbuyutan R.C., Seoksoo K., Jae-gu S. and Wooyoung S. (2007)., A Study on e-Learning for Philippines., International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering, 2(4), Retrieved from: http://www.sersc. org/journals/IJMUE/vol2_no4_2007/5.pdf
- Arabasz P., Pirani J.A. and Fawcett D. (2003)., Supporting E-Learning in Higher Education., EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research, 3, Retrieved from: http://net.educause. edu/ir/library/pdf/ers0303/rs/ers0303w.pdf.
- Chapnick S. (2000)., Are You Ready for E-Learning?., Retrieved from: http://blog.uny.ac.id/nurhadi/files/2010/08 /are_you_ready_for_elearning.pdf.
- Kaur et. al. (2004)., based on their study entitled An assessment of e-learning readiness at Open University Malaysia., Presented in International Conference on Computers in Education, Retrieved from: http://eprints.oum.edu.my/115/.
- Mercado C. (2008)., Readiness Assessment Tool for An eLearning Environment Implementation., Retrieved from: http://www.elearningap.com/eLAP2008/Proceedings/18_ fullpaper_cecilia%20Mercado_ Revised.pdf.
- Red E.R. et. al. (2013)., An Assessment of the eLearning Readiness State of Faculty Members and Students at Malayan Colleges Laguna., International Journal of the Computer, The Internet and Management, 21, 20-26 Retrieved from: http://www.ijcim.th.org/past_editions/ 2013V21N3/3.Page_20-26.pdf.
- Akaslan D. and E.L. C. (2011)., Law, Measuring student e-learning readiness: A case about the subject of electricity in higher education institutions in Turkey., Advances in Web Based Learning-ICWL 2011, 10th International Conference Hong Kong, China, December 2011 Proceedings, LNCS 7048, Springer, (2011), 209-218.
- Anderson T. (2002)., Is E-Learning Right for Your Organization?., Available: http://www.gc21.de/ibt/en/site/ gc21/ibt/permanent/publicforum/dok/is_elearning_right_for_your_organization.pdf.
- Pirani J. (2004)., Supporting E-Learning in Higher Education., Educause Ceter for Applied Research, Available http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ER S0303/ec m0303.pdf.
- Morrison J.L. (2002)., The Global e- Learning Framework: An Interview with Badrul Khan., Available: www.kfupm.edu.sa/dad/deanship/events/workshops/material/ws041002/07%20The%20Global%20eLearning%20 Frame work.doc.
- Tham C. (2002)., Designing and Evaluating Elearning in Higher Education: A Review and Recommendation., Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 11(2), 15-25, Elearning in Higher Education, Available: http:// cobacourses.creighton.edu/MAM/2002/papers/Tham.doc.