Wireless Sensor Networks, A Review: Factors to be considered in implementation
- 1Persuing M.Tech. Computer Networks, BIT, Durg, CG, India
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 4, Issue (6), Pages 20-23, June,20 (2016)
This paper provides a brief review about the IEEE standards for WSN, WSN Topologies, its components, basic architecture and factors affecting its implementations in the real world. Smart sensors are capable of sensing and producing useful results when used along with computers and other devices connected in a network. It is also possible to manage and monitor these devices remotely without much human intervention. Using this technology not only affects and improves performance of a system but it can also provide better decision abilities as well as better control. Much more technology advancement is taking place in newly emerging fields as data collection, application control, monitoring of systems, supply chain logistics etc. One of the purposes of the development of these networks is to reduce the direct involvement of man power and to automate systems reducing the risk of human error. Many wireless devices such as sensors, gauges and actuators can now be monitored easily in wireless mode. However a few factors need to be checked before the implementation of these nodes in the real world and careful analysis is required for its implementation.
- Akyildiz F. and Kasimoglu I. (2004)., Wirless Sensor and Actor Networks: Research Challenges., Ad Hoc Networks, 2(4), 351-367.
- Puccinelli D. and Haengii M. (2005)., Wireless Sensor Networks: Applications and Challenges of Ubiquitous Sensing., IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, 5(3), 19-31.
- Othman M. and Shazali K. (2012)., Wireless Sensor Network Applications: A Study in Environment Monitoring System., Procedia Engineering, 41, 1204-1210.
- Akyildix F. and Kasimoglu I.H. (2004)., Wireless Sensors and Actor Networks: Research Challenges., Ad Hoc Networks, 2(4), 351-365
- Buratti C., Conti A., Dardari D. and Verdone R. (2009)., An Overview on Wireless Sensor Networks Technology and Evolution., Sensors, 9(9), 869-6896.
- Demirkol C.E.F.A.I. (2006)., MAC Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey., IEEE Communications Magazine, 115-121.
- Lewis F.L. (2005)., Wireless Sensor Networks, Advanced Controls, Sensors, and MEMS Group Automation and Robotics Research Institute., The University of Texas at Arlington
- Manali Chaudhari and Srinu Dharavath (2014)., Study of Smart Sensors and their Applications., International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 3(1).
- Ilias Lamprinos and Marios Charalambides (2015)., Experimental Assessment of Zigbee as the Communication Technology of a Wireless Sensor Network for Greenhouse Monitoring., International Journal of Advanced Smart Sensor Network Systems (IJASSN), 5(3-4).