A Survey on Content Based Image Retrieval System
- 1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, B.I.T, Durg, India
- 2Department of Computer Science and Engineering, B.I.T, Durg, India
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 4, Issue (10), Pages 1-3, October,20 (2016)
Owing to information explosion, image databases are growing at the same pace as text and multimedia content. To organize and to search a desired image relevant to the content becoming a crucial problem that demands for efficient and effective tools in this context. Content based image retrieval systems (CBIR) have become very popular offering relatively less/nil human intervention. Efficient automatic image indexing is a real challenge for computer vision and content based image retrieval. In content based image retrieval system, an image is searched based on the contents similar to the query image. The image content can be described by a set of local features. In this paper, an overview of various attributes of an image is provided that are used in designing an efficient and inexpensive image indexing technique, the problems and challenges of different data storage structure for content based image database system. An attempt is also made to describe the existing solutions and applications in this area.
- Long Fuhui, Thang Hongjiang and Dagan Feng David (2012)., Fundamentals of Content Based Image Retrieval., Multimedia Information Retrieval and Management, Springer, Part I, 1-26.
- Rui Yong, Huang T.S. and Chang S.F. (1999)., Image Retrieval: Current Techniques, Promising Directions, and Open Issues., Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 10, 39-62.
- Kaur Rajdeep and Kaur Kamaljit (2015)., Study of Different Techniques for Image Retrieval., IJARCSSE, 5(4), 351-355.
- Alphonsa T. and Sreekumar K. (2014)., A Survey on Image Feature Descriptors-Color, Shape and Texture., International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, 5, 7847-7850.
- Choras R.S. (2007)., Image Feature Extraction Techniques and their Applications for CBIR and Biometrics Systems., International journal of biology and biomedical engineering, 1(1), 6-17.
- Borko Furht (1999)., Handbook of Multimedia Computing., CRC Press.
- Brown Leonard and Le Gruenwald (1998)., Tree-Based Indexes for Image Data., Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 9(4), 300-313.
- Faloutsus Christos (1996)., Searching Multimedia Databases by Content., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston.
- Huang J. (1998)., Color-Spatial Image Indexing and Applications., Cornell University Dept. of Computer Science PhD Thesis.
- Datta R., Joshi D., Li J. and Wang J.Z. (2008)., Image retrieval: ideas, influences, and trends of the new age., ACM Computing Surveys, 40(2), 1-60.
- Müller H., Müller W., Squire D., Marchand-Maillet S. and Pun T. (2001)., Performance evaluation in content-based image retrieval: overview and proposals., Pattern Recognition Lett, 22(5), 593-601.
- Gargi Mehak and Rani Jyoti (2002)., Survey on Content Based Image Retrieval., International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 3(5).
- Singh J., Kaleka J.S. and Sharma R. (2012)., Different approaches of CBIR techniques., Int. J. Comput. Distributed Syst., 1, 76-78.
- Veltkamp Remco, Tanase Mirela and Sent Danielle (2001)., Features in Content-Based Image Retrieval Systems: A Survey., Computational Imaging and Vision, 22, 97-124.
- Z. Wang James, Li Jia and Wiederhold Gio (2001)., SIMPLIcity: Semantics-Sensitive Integrated Matching for Picture Libraries., IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 23(9), 947-963.