Simulation Based Performance Analysis of DSDV, OLSR and DSR Routing Algorithm in Wireless Personal Area Network Using NS-2
- 1Department of Computer Science, MGCGV Chitrakoot, Satna, INDIA
- 2Department of Computer Science, Govt. Holkar Science College, Indore, INDIA
- 3Department of Computer Science, MGCGV Chitrakoot, Satna, INDIA
- 4Department of Computer Science, Govt. Holkar Science College, Indore, INDIA
- 5Department of Computer Science, Govt. Holkar Science College, Indore, INDIA
- 6Department of Computer Science, Govt. Holkar Science College, Indore, INDIA
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 4, Issue (1), Pages 1-7, January,20 (2016)
The IEEE 802.15.4 is a standard for low rate-wireless personal area network which provides a low cost and very less complicated solution. The targeted applications are WSN, interactive games, house automation and remote controls. ZigBee is a new technology invented by ZigBee Alliance, enabling WPAN. ZigBee is the name of a specification for a suite of high range communication protocols using small, low-power digital radios based on the ZigBee Alliance standard. The main aim of this paper is to establish the communication in short-range by using wireless technology and using IEEE 802.15.4. It is designed to meet the needs for low cost, low power, simple and short range wireless networking. It does performance analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 topologies (mesh, star, cluster tree) of wireless personal area network (WPAN) using different parameters like good put, end-to-end delay, throughput with respect to DSDV, OLSR and, DSRrouting protocol using NS-2. Simulation result verifies that DSR gives the better performance in mesh topology whereas DSDV in cluster tree and star topology.
- Arpitha EM and Ramesh TM (2014)., Performance Analysis of Low Rate WPAN Topologies, InternationalJournal of Innovative Research in Computer andCommunication Engineering, 2(5), ISSN: 2320-9801
- Prativa P. Saraswala (2013)., A Survey on RoutingProtocols in ZigBee Network,, International Journal ofEngineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT)2(1), ISSN: ISSN: 2319-5967
- Swati V. Birje and Mahesh Kumbhar (2013)., Performance Analysis of IEEE 802.15.4, InternationalJournal of Advanced Research in Computer Science andSoftware Engineering, 3(3). ISSN: 2277 128X
- A. Narmada and P. Sudhakara Rao (2011)., PerformanceComparison Of Routing Protocols For ZigbeeWpan,, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, 8(6),ISSN:1694-0814
- Arvind Kumar and Chanpreet Singh (2011)., Comparisonof AODV, DSR and TCRP Protocols for RoutingAlgorithms in WSNs for IEEE 802.15.4 Standard BasedDevices, International Journal of Computer Science andTelecommunications, 2(6), 20-26. ISSN: 2047-3338
- Golmie N., Cypher D. and Rebala O. (2005)., Performance analysis of low rate wireless technologiesfor medical applications, Elsevier,, Journal of ComputerCommunications, 28(10), 1266-1275. ISSN: 0140-3664,doi: 10.1016/j.comcom.2004.07.021
- Chiara Buratti (2010)., “Performance Analysis Of IEEE802.15.4 Beacon-Enabled Mode”,, IEEE Transactions OnVehicular Technology, 59(4), 2031-2045.
- Umesh Kumar Singh,Shivlal Mewada, Lokesh Laddhaniand Kamal Bunkar (2011)., An Overview and Study of Security Issues in Mobile Adhoc Networks, Int. Journalof Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS)USA, 9(4), 106-111.
- Cunha A., Polytech. Inst. of Porto Porto, Koubaa A.,Severino R. and Alves M. (2007). Open-ZB: An OpenSource Implementation Of The IEEE 802.15.4/ ZigbeeProtocol Stack On Tiny OS, IEEE InternationalConference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems-07, 1–12, E-ISBN :978-1-4244-1455-0, DOI:10.1109/MOBHOC.2007.4428602