Coffee shop consumer behavior cluster
- 1Faculty of Agriculture Padjajaran University, Bandung, Indonesia
- 2Faculty of Agriculture Padjajaran University, Bandung, Indonesia
Res. J. Agriculture & Forestry Sci., Volume 7, Issue (4), Pages 17-23, October,8 (2019)
The consumption of coffee in Indonesia has been seeing seen an increase for the last 7 years. This phenomenon is supported by the rapid growth of coffee shops in several regions such as the city of Bogor. The large number of businesses in the same sphere has caused tight competition among producers in the coffee shop industry. One of the efforts that need to be done is understanding the consumer behavior of coffee shop customers and appeal based on product and coffee shop attributes. MM café is one of the many cafes in Bogor that is facing stiff competition in the coffee shop industry. The owner is required to assign clusters or grouping to identify customers according to specific sets of characteristics. The aim of this research is to identify characteristics and cluster consumer behavior based on product and coffee shop attributes. The sample selection in this research is based on the systematic random sampling technique on 115 respondents. The analysis is done by descriptive analysis, k-means cluster analysis, and ANOVA hypothesis testing. The results of the research show that there are two consumer clusters visiting MM café based on their evaluation of product and coffee shop attributes: cluster 1 consisting of 58 people are categorized as regular coffee drinkers with a high assessment towards indicators of product and coffee shop attributes, and cluster 2 with a total of 57 people consisting of coffee enthusiasts with an assessment towards indicators of product and coffee shop attributes lower than that of cluster 1. The result of the ANOVA hypothesis testing shows that 12 indicators of product and coffee shop attributes of (p=0,000) <5% significant rate (0,05) have a significant impact in dividing cluster 1 and cluster 2.
- AEKI (2018)., Asosiasi Eksportir Kopi Indonesia., Coffee Statistic. http://www.aeki-aice.org/. (Accessed 13/10/2018).
- Ramya N. and Mohamed Ali S.A. (2016)., Factors affecting consumer buying behavior., International journal of applied research, 2(10), 76-80.
- Sopiah (2008)., Organizational Behavior., Yogyakarta: CV Andi Offset.
- Akpoyomare O.B., Adeosun L.P.K. and Ganiyu R.A. (2012)., The influence of product attributes on consumer purchase decision in the nigerian food and beverages industry: a study of Lagos Metropolis., American Journal of Business and Management, 1(4), 196-201.
- Umar Husein (2003)., Marketing Research and Consumer Behavior., Jakarta : Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
- Koo D.M. (2003)., Inter-relationships among store images, store satisfaction, and store loyalty among Korea discount retail patrons., Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 15(4), 42-71.
- Report (2018)., Kurniawan, Miftakhurrizal., Analysis Cluster.http://miftakhurrizal.lecture.ub.ac.id/files/2018/02/ANALISIS-CLUSTER.pdf. (Accessed 22/10/ 2018).
- Susilo N., Hasbullah R. and Sugiyono S. (2013)., Parboiled Rice Processing Process Improves Quality and Reduces Gerbemic Index of Ciherang Varieties (Parboiled Rice Processing Improves Quality and Reduces Glycemic Index of Paddy cih. Ciherang)., JOURNAL OF FOOD, 22(3), 209-220.
- Ambara Janice (2014)., Female Audience Acceptance of Lifestyle Messages in Coffee Ads with Female Endorsers., E-Communication Journal, 2(1), 1-11.
- Suwarmini Ni N., Mulyani Sri., Triani L.G. and Ayu R. (2017)., The Effect of Robusta and Arabica Coffee Blending on Coffee Brew Quality., Journal of Agroindustry Engineering and Management, 5(3), 85-92.
- Suisa Kelvianto and Febrilia Veronica (2014)., Lifestyle for Drinking Coffee Consumers at Tunjungan Surabaya, Manajemen Hospitality Management Petra Kristen University, Surabaya.
- Afriyanti Sintia (2017)., Study of the Best Marketing Strategies Based on Consumer Behavior in Facing Competition between Coffee Shops in Jatinangor., Faculty of Agriculture Padjadjaran University, Jatinangor.