Vase life of Rosa indica as affected by different concentrations of Salicylic acid and Sucrose
- 1Department of Agriculture, D.A.V. College, Abohar, India
- 2Department of Agriculture, D.A.V. College, Abohar, India
- 3Department of Agriculture, D.A.V. College, Abohar, India
Res. J. Agriculture & Forestry Sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 32-35, July,8 (2019)
An experiment was conducted at Agriculture Lab, Department of Agriculture, D.A.V. College, Abohar, Punjab during academic year 2018-19 to study the vase life of Rosa indica as affected by different concentration of Salicylic acid (SA) and sucrose. The different treatments were 2% Sucrose + 200 mg/L of SA, 2% Sucrose + 400 mg/L of SA, 2% Sucrose, 200 mg/L of SA, 400 mg/L of SA, Distilled water and Control (Normal Water). The effect of different treatments on vase life of flowers, change in weight of flowers and solution uptake were observed. Highest "vase life" was seen in both 2% Sucrose + 400 mg/L of SA and 200 mg/L of SA treatments. Minimum weight loss was observed in 400 mg/L of SA treatment. Maximum solution uptake was seen in 2% Sucrose, 200mg/L of SA and Control treatments.
- Butt S.J. (2003)., A Review on prolonging the vase life of Roses., Pakistan Rose Annual. Published by Pakistan National Rose Society, 49-53.
- Doorn W.G.V. and De-Witte Y. (1997)., Sources of the Bacteria Involved in Vascular Occlusion of Cut Rose Flowers., J Amer Soc Hort Sci, 122(2), 263-266.
- Elhindi K.M. (2012)., Evaluation of several holding solutions for prolonging vase-life and keeping quality of cut sweet pea flowers (Lathyrus odoratus L.)., Saudi J Biol Sci, 19, 195-202.
- Zamani S., Hadavi E., Kazemi M. and Hekmati J. (2011)., Effect of Some Chemical Treatments on Keeping Quality and Vase Life of Chrysanthemum Cut Flowers., World Appl Sci J, 12(11), 1962-1966.
- Kazemi M. and Ameri A. (2012)., Response of vase-life carnation cut flower to salicylic acid, silver nanoparticles, glutamine and essential oil., Asian J Animal Sci, 6(3), 122-131.
- Elgimabi M.E.N.E. and Sliai A.M. (2013)., Effects of Preservative Solutions on Vase Life and Postharvest Qualities of Taif Rose Cut Flower (Rosa damascene cv. Trigintipetala)., Am-Euras J Agric & Environ Sci, 13(1), 72-80.
- Asrar A.W.A. (2012)., Effects of some preservative solutions on vase life and keeping quality of snapdragon (Antirrhinum majus L.) cut flowers., Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences, 11(1), 29-35.
- Den M.N.S.E., Abdulla M.Y., Hejazy A.A. and Eissa S.M. (2012)., Effect of some chemicals on keeping quality and vase life of snapdragon (Antirrhinum majus L.) cut flowers., J Plant Production, 3(2), 191-199.
- Hassani R.N. and Karimi H. (2016)., The Interrelationship between Calcium and Salicylic Acid pulsing on Vase Life and flower opening of Cut Rose Flower., Biol Forum Int J, 8(2), 397-404.
- Ghadimian S. and Danaee E. (2015)., Influences of ascorbic acid and salicylic acid on vase life of cut flowers rose (Rosa hybrida cv. black magic)., Int J Bio Pharmacy Allied Sci, 5(1), 297-305.
- Roodbaraky F., Hashemabad D. and Vand S.H. (2012)., Effects of salicylic acid on vase life of cut carnation (Dianthus caryophyllus L. cv. 'Liberty Abgr')., Annals Biol Res, 3(11), 5127-5129.
- Bahrami S.N., Zakizadeh H., Hamidoghli Y. and Ghasemnezhad M. (2013)., Salicylic Acid retards petal senescence in Cut Lisianthus (Eustoma grandiflorum 'Miarichi Grand White') flowers., Hort Environ Biotechnol, 54(6), 519-523.
- Kazemi M., Zamani S. and Aran M. (2011)., Effects of some treatment chemicals on keeping quality and vase life of Gerbera cut flowers., Am J Plant Physiol, 6(2), 99-105.
- Khan P., Shahrin S., Taufique T., Mehraj H. and Jamal Uddin A.F.M. (2015)., Prolonging vase life of cut rose (Rosa hybrida L. cv. red pearl) through chemical preservatives., J Biosci Agric Res, 5(1), 10-15.