Impact of integrated nutrient management on tuberous root of radish (Raphanus sativas L.) in Sandy Regosol
- 1Department of Crop Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- 2Department of Crop Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Res. J. Agriculture & Forestry Sci., Volume 7, Issue (2), Pages 10-14, April,8 (2019)
The present study was conducted to assess the influence of integrated nutrient management on tuberous root of radish (Raphanus sativas L.) in sandy regosol. This trial was designed in a Randomized Complete Block Design (RCBD) having seven treatments replicated four times. The treatments were recommended inorganic fertilizers (T1), 10t/ha cow dung as a basal with ½ dose of top dressing (T2), 8t/ha cow dung +2 t/ha compost as a basal +½ dose of top dressing (T3), 6t/ha cow dung +4 t/ha compost as a basal +½ dose of top dressing (T4), 4t/ha cow dung + 6 t/ha compost as a basal +½ dose of top dressing (T5), 2t/ha cow dung + 8 t/ha compost as a basal +½ dose of top dressing (T6), 10t/ha compost as a basal +½ dose of top dressing (T7). This study revealed that tuberous root diameter were significantly (P<0.01) varied at 7th week after planting. However, there were no significant change (P>0.05) in tuberous root length, fresh weights of plant and tuberous root and number of cracked roots per plot at 7th week after planting. Total yield and total marketable yield per plot showed significant difference (P<0.05) at 7th week after planting and it was high in T5 and no significant variation between T5 and T1. Further, pH and total soluble solid were same in al tested treatments. This study conclude that application of 4t/ha cow dung with 6 t/ha compost as a basal and ½ dose of recommended fertilizer as a top dressing (T5) would be more suitable for tuberous root of radish in sandy regosol.
- Baitilwake M., De Bolle S., Salomez J. and Mrema J. and Neve S. De. (2011)., Effect of manure nitrogen on vegetables, International Journal of Plant Production., 5(4), 417-429.
- Zaman M., Chowdhury T., Nahar K. and Chowdhury Md A.K. (2017)., Effect of cow dung as organic manure on the growth, leaf biomass yield of Stevia rebaudiana and post harvest soil fertility., Journal of Bangladesh Agricultural University., 15(2), 206-211.
- Geremew Biramo (2018)., The Role of Integrated Nutrient Management System for Improving Crop Yield and Enhancing Soil Fertility under Small Holder Farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Review Article., Modern Concepts and Developments in Agronomy., 2(5), 1-9. DOI: 10.31031 /MCDA.2018.02.000547
- Rautaray S.K., Ghosh B.C. and Mittra B.N. (2003)., Effect of fly ash, organic wastes and chemical fertilizers on yield, nutrient uptake, heavy metal content and residual fertility in a rice-mustard cropping sequence under acid lateritic soils., Bioresource Technology., 90(3), 275-283.
- Satyanarayana V., Prasad P.V.V. and Murthy V.R.K. and Boote K.J. (2002)., Influence of integrated use of farmyard manure and inorganic fertilizers on yield and yield components of irrigated lowland rice., Journal of Plant Nutrition., 25(10), 2081-2090.
- El-Tarabily K.A., Nassar A.H., Hardy G.E.S.J. and Sivasithamparam K. (2003)., Fish emulsion as a food base for rhizobacteria promoting growth of radish (Raphanus sativus L. var. sativus) in a sandy soil., Plant and soil., 252(2), 397-411.
- Suthamathy N. and Seran T.H. (2013)., Residual effect of Organic manure EM Bokashi applied to Proceeding Crop of Vegetable Cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) on succeeding Crop of Radish (Raphanus sativus)., Research Journal of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences., 1(1), 2-5.
- Asghar H.N., Ishaq M., Zahir Z.A., Khalid M. and Arshad M. (2006)., Response of radish to integrated use of nitrogen fertilizer and recycled organic waste., Pakistan Journal of Botany., 38(3), 691-700.
- Wu Q., Pages L. and Wu J. (2016)., Relationships between root diameter, root length and root branching along lateral roots in adult, field-grown maize., Annals of Botany., 117(3), 379-390.
- Gu J., Xu Y., Dong X., Wang H. and Wang Z. (2014)., Root diameter variations explained by anatomy and phylogeny of 50 tropical and temperate tree species., Tree Physiology., 34(4), 415-425.
- Suge J.K., Omunyin M.E. and Omami E.N. (2011)., Effect of organic and inorganic sources of fertilizer on growth, yield and fruit quality of eggplant (Solanum Melongena L)., Archives of Applied Science Research, 3(6), 470-479.
- Gregory L.E. (1965)., Physiology of tuberization in plants.(Tubers and tuberous roots.)., In Differenzierung und Entwicklung/Differentiation and Development. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1328-1354.
- Patil S.S. (2007)., Organic studies in radish (Raphanus sativus L.) Varieties., Doctoral dissertation, UAS, Dharwad.
- Yang C., Yang L., Yang Y. and Ouyang Z. (2004)., Rice root growth and nutrient uptake as influenced by organic manure in continuously and alternately flooded paddy soils., Agricultural Water Management, 70(1), 67-81.