Effect of plant bio-regulators on growth, yield and quality of strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch) cv. Sweet Charlie
- 1National Agriculture Research Project, Mahabaleshwar Dist. Satara, Maharashtra, India
- 2National Agriculture Research Project, Mahabaleshwar Dist. Satara, Maharashtra, India
Res. J. Agriculture & Forestry Sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 6-8, February,8 (2018)
The present study indicates that the growth, yield contributing characters and yield of strawberry cv. Sweet Charlie fruits were significantly influence by various bio-regulators. Among different bio-regulators GA3 75 ppm recorded the significantly the highest yield 33.71 t ha-1. However, the highest values with respect to different growth parameters, viz., Plant height (18.19 cm) was recorded with NAA 400 ppm, while the highest (26.72 cm) NS plant spread was recorded with application of GA3 25 ppm. The maximum plant spread (EW) (27.20 cm) was recorded with GA3 75 ppm. Among different yield contributing characters viz., berry weight (14.49 g), number of berries per plant (46.68) and yield per plant (674.33g), GA3 75 ppm showed superiority than other plant bio-regulators. The maximum TSS (10.610Brix) was also recorded in GA3 75 ppm.
- Hazarika T.K., Bawitlung L. and Nautiyal B.P. (2017)., Influence of plant bio-regulators on growth, yield and physico-chemical characteristics of strawberry., Indian J. Hort., 74 (1), 40-44.
- Bhat A.K., Sharma R.M., Singh A.K. and Masoodi F.A. (2005)., Performance of some strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch) cultivars under Jammu conditions., Prog. Hort. 37, 163-165.
- Singh A. and Singh J.N. (2009)., Effect of bio-regulators on growth, yield and nutrient status of strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch) cv. Sweet Charlie., Indian J. Hort. 66, 220-224.
- Panse V.G. and Sukhatme P.V. (1985)., Statistical method for agriculture workers., I.C.A.R., New Delhi 2nd Ed., 359.
- Gomez A.A. and Gomez K.A. (1984)., Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research., Jonh Wiley and Sons, Inc. New York, 680.
- Sharma S.D. and Sharma N.C. (2006)., Studies on correlations between endomyccorrhizal and Azotobacter population with growth, yield and soil nutrient status of apple orchards in Himachal Pradesh., Indian J. Hort., 63, 379-382.
- Weaver R.J. (1972)., Plant Growth Substances in Agriculture., Univ. Calf. NH Freeman and Co., San Francisco, USA.
- Sharma R.R. and Singh R. (2009)., Gibberellic acid influences the production of malformed and button berries and fruit yield and quality in strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch)., Scientia Hort., 119(4), 430-433.
- Moore J.N. and Scott D.H. (1965)., Effects of gibberellic acid and blossom removal on runner production of strawberry varieties., Proc. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci, 87, 240-244.
- Paroussi G., Vayiatzis D.G., Paroussi E. and Drogour P.D. (2002)., Growth, flowering and yield response to GA3 of strawberry grown under different environmental conditions., Scientia Hort., 96, 103-113.
- Syamal M.M., Bordoloi B. and Pakkiyanathan K. (2010)., Influence on plant growth substantances on vegetative growth, flowering, fruting and fruit quality of papaya., Indian J. Hort., 67(2), 173-176.