Recycling of Vegetable Market Waste from Erode Town into Vermicompost and its Effect on Growth and yield of the plants
- 1Bharathidasan College of Arts and Science College, Erode, TN, India
- 2Department of Biochemistry, Bharathidasan College of Arts and Science, Ellispettai, Erode (DT) -638116, TN, India
Res. J. Agriculture & Forestry Sci., Volume 4, Issue (7), Pages 13-23, July,8 (2016)
In the present study the fertility of soil and growth of plant has been standardized for the significance of compost as a source of humus and nutrients to increase the fertility of soil. Vermicompost obtain with help of earthworms has many benefits to soil, plant and environment. Different composts (vermicompost and pit compost) and garden soil (control) be taken first for chemical analysis and then to find the effect of these compost on growth of vegetative crop ‘CoriandrumsativumL’. It was found that the vermicompost was rich in nutrient like Potassium, Nitrogen, Phosphorus and pH. It have the potential for improving plant growth than pit compost and garden soil (control). Maximum growth in this study conducted for a period of 30 days was found in pots containing vermicompost. In this study the assessment of nutrient and effect of plant growth was done. The result showed distinct differences between vermicompost, pit compost and garden soil (control).
- Fulekar M.H. (2005)., Environmental Biotechnology., 5th Edition Oxford and IBH publisher, 177-182.
- Nagavallemma K.P., Wani S.P., Padmaja V.V., Vineela C., Babu Rao M. and Sahrawat K.L. (2004)., Vermicomposting: Recycling wastes into valuable organicfertilizer. Global Theme on Agroecosystems Report no. 8., ICRISAT, 2(1), 1-16.
- Maboeta M.S. and Van Rensburg L. (2003)., Vermicomposting of industrially produced wood chips and sewage sludge utilizing Eiseniafoettida., Ecotoxical Environsaf., 56, 265-270.
- Sreenivas C., Muralidhar S. and Rao M.S. (2000)., Vermicompost: a viable component of IPNSS in nitrogen nutrition of ridge gourd., Annals of Agricultural Science, 21(1), 108-113.
- Atiyeh R.M., Subler S., Edward C.A., Bachman S. and Shuster W. (2000)., Effects of vermicompost and composts on plant Growth in horticultural container Media and soil., Inpedobiologia, 44, 709-724.
- Arancon N.Q., Edward C.A., Welch C. and Metzger J.D. (2004)., Influences of vermicompost on the strawberries; effect on growth on growth and yields., Bioresource Technology, 93, 145-153.