Influence of integrated Agronomic Management practices on Physiological and Nutrient uptake of red gram under Alkali soil
- 1Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Vridhachalam-606001, Tamil Nadu, India
Res. J. Agriculture & Forestry Sci., Volume 4, Issue (3), Pages 1-6, March,8 (2016)
The experiment was conducted at Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College and Research Institute, Thiruchirapalli during 2011 and 2012 with the aim to study effect of various agronomic management techniques on nutrient uptake and physiological growth parameters viz., Crop growth rate (CGR), Relative growth rate (RGR) and Net assimilation rate (NAR) and nutrient uptake (nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium) of red gram. The experiment was laid out on randomised block design with three replications. The treatments consisted in these experiment are green manure (daincha) incorporated at 45 DAS @6.25 t/ha, 125 % Recommended dose of N (31 kg of N/ha), green manure (daincha) incorporated at 45 DAS + 125 % Recommended dose of N, 45 cm depth of sub soiling at 0.5 m interval at every year, 12.5 Kg/ha of TNAU micro nutrient mixture, 125 % Recommended dose of N + sub soiling at 45 cm depth + 12.5 Kg/ha of TNAU micro nutrient mixture and 125 % Recommended dose of N + 45 cm depth of sub soiling +12.5 Kg/ha of TNAU micro nutrient mixture + green manure (daincha) incorporated at 45 DAS were compared with control. The results of the study revealed that 125 % Recommended dose of N + sub soiling at 45 cm depth at 0.5 m interval at every year + TNAU micronutrient mixture @ 12.5 kg/ha + green manure (daincha) incorporated at 45 DAS@ 6.25 t/ha recorded higher growth attributes (CGR,RGR and NAR) and nutrient uptake (available N, available P and available K and yield of red gram under alkali soil(426 kg/ha and 486 kg/ha)during the year of 2011 and 2012 respectively.
- Nathiya K.V and Sanjivkumar V. (2014)., Combined effect of different plant nutrients of organic and inorganic sources on nutrient uptake and yield of groundnut crop., Journal of Applied and Natural Science, 6(2), 463-466
- Laxminarayanan K. (2004)., Effect of organic and inorganic manures on yield and nutrient uptake of groundnut (Arachis Hypogaea L.) in utisols of Mizoran., J. of Oil Seeds Res., 21(2), 280-283.
- Sathynaryana V., Varaprasad V., Murthy V.R.K. and K.J. Boote (2002)., Influence of integrated use of FYM and inorganic fertilizer on yield and yield componenets of irrigated lowland rice., Journal of plant nutririon, 25 (10), 2081-2090.
- Meelu O.P., Singh Y and Singh B. (1991)., Adaptation successes of using green manuring crops in rice farming., In: S.K. Dutta and C. Sloger (ed.) Biological nitrogen fixation associated with rice production. Howard university press, Washington, DC, 104-104.
- Patel C.K., Chaudhari P.P., Patel R.W and Patel N.H. (2010)., Integrated nutrients management in potato based cropping systems in northern Gujarat., Potato Journal, 37(1-2), 68-70.
- Naing A., Banterng P., Polthanee A. and Trelo-Ges V. (2010)., The effect of different fertilizers management strategies on growth and yield of upland black glutinous rice and soil property., Asian Journal of Plant Sciences, 9(7), 414-422.
- Ahmad A, Iqbal S, Ahmad S, Khaliq T, Nasim W, Husnain Z, Hussain A, Zia-Ul-Haq M and Hoogenboom G. (2009)., Seasonal growth, radiation interception, its conversion efficiency and biomass production of Oryza sativa L. Under diverse agro environments in Pakistan., Pakistan Journal of Botany, 41(3), 1241-1257.
- Farajzadeh Memari Tabrizi E., Yarnia M., Khorshidi M.B. and Ahmadzadeh V. (2009)., Effects of micronutrients and their application method on yield, crop growth rate CGR and net assimilation rate (NAR) of corn cv. Jeta., Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment (JFAE), 7(2), 611-615.
- Kalyani R.R, Sree Devi V., Sathyanarana N.R and Rao K.V. (1993)., Effect of foliar application of boron on crop growth and yield of Pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan L.)., Indian J. Pl. Phy., 4, 223-226.
- Annadale J.G., Hammes P.S. and Andnel P.C. (2005)., The effect of soil fertility on vegetative growth, yield and water use of wheat., Karnataka J. Agric. Sci., 18(1), 127-129.
- Raja Rajan and Sabarinathan R. (2006)., Effect of in situ MoistureConservation and Nutrient Management Practices on Soil Properties and Yield of Redgram in a Rainfed Alfisol, The 18th World Congress of Soil Science, July 9-15.
- Zaka M.A., Obaid-ur-Rehman H.U., Rafa and Khan A.A. (2005)., Integrated Approach for Reclamation of Salt Affected Soils., Journal of Agriculture and social sciences, 1(2), 94-97.